The QB of the Future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Well it's happening mofo. You claim his reliability is questionable because he's mobile, citing last season's injury as an example. In reality, he was standing in the pocket when he got hit, not scrambling at all. Before that, you were claiming that Locker got to take 1st team reps while Hasselbeck was injured, the implication being that he was properly prepared for games he played in. In reality, Hasselbeck missed two practices, and Locker was himself limited in those practices.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No, I said ALL running QB's are dangerous as many of them get hurt as a result of running.

3. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

So by your theory JC not only should we not start Locker but we should have never drafted him because he will only stay hurt from running out of the pocket. Sorry but I find that hard to believe. Locker does not run near as much as a vick or newton or tebow. Mobility makes him dangerous because when the play starts to go to s**t he can get 5 to 10 yards. When have we ever seen Hass do that. I bet if Locker starts he will not be injured any more than Hass was last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Ive seen Hass do that 3 times as a Titan. Youre getting lost in your own maddness. I dont dislike mobile QBs, Im simply pointing out its not all its cracked up to be. The best QBs are not mobile because you have to be a better passer than runner to be any good as a QB. Hass>Locker when talking about throwing. QB=thrower, not runner. And at the moment all Locker has over Hass is his legs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

5. Titandude

Titandude Stand Up Guy!

I prefer a QB that has legs! :bliss:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Goctha. You just like statues. Guys that can move just get hurt. Hasselbeck can't fart and chew bubblegum at the same time without pulling a muscle, but we're questioning not the durability of just Locker, but all mobile QB's. Does that sound about right?

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

If we're talking about throwing interceptions, then yes, Hasselbeck proved his affinity for throwing interceptions. And save your fingers, I already know about the 'coulda happened' drops for Locker. Hasselbeck had more than his fair share of lucky breaks. I would take Lockers ability throwing the ball over Hasselbeck's. He can get the ball down the field and he doesn't throw the ball near as low.

8. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I'm saying if the pass ability is even close, then Locker deserves the start game 1 because of his mobility and durability over Hass. I'm not understanding your logic that locker is more likely to be hurt than Hass. He has multiple injuries in his last several seasons. In fact that was a big factor in seattle letting him go. If Locker can't hit a bull in the a** with a bass fiddle then give the job to Hass but I think they will be close enough that Locker's other abilities should get him the start

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. JCBRAVE

I'll just say this, if you think I prefer Hass to Locker, you must have JUST signed up yesterday. I've been a HUGE Jake Locker supporter since 2010 and there's about 5000 posts to support that. I'll just let you guys beat this topic to death with these dumb back and forth posts. Luckily for me I have better things to do than talk about this any further, it's really stupid 80% of the Jake Locker nut swingers think us Hasselbeck supporters dont want Jake to take off and never look back. Us grown ups are just not naive enough to think Hass has nothing to offer and that Jake is 100% better. He's not right now.

10. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I'm not a nut swinger by any means. I just think if locker is close to Hass in camp and then pre season it would be dumb to make him set behind hass just because he is a vet. Put the first round draft pick to work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar