The plan for Griffin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and Lowry ?

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

EXACTLY...

Cause if he can't get it done then, won't it be obvious to the world that Fisher has to fire him? If the D is loaded with talent and they can't play...and THAT is holding this team back...Fisher will have to make a move...

...at least I HOPE so!!!

Gut

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Someone above Jeff really needs to take the appropriation of staff away from him ....... someone needs to AT LEAST have the power over him to release / force resignation on a member of the coaching staff

If I were Bud Adams, I would have fired Scwhartz midway through '06

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i hope to god that this plan to make Griffin into a CB doesn't backfire...

5. isnt it to late for him to be fired tho, cause i thought that he was already working with the players

6. Big Papi

Big Papi Guest

If we had intentions of acquiring a cornerback in the first round....they why didnt we draft an established cornerback...instead of drafting a helluva safety just to move him to a position that he has never played at the highest level of football in the world, not to mention that corner is the toughest position in football. I ve always been a Fischer fan, but making decisions like this is not what got us to the Super Bowl in 99'.....those were the good ole days...team full of veterans...would acually go after high profile players.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

A few reasons...

First, how many big CB's in this draft are big (6-1), fast (4.40 speed), can play man or zone, are good run support players, excellent special teams guys, very hard workers and of the utmost in high character? Oh...and did I mention he can also play FS and SS???

Outside of Darrelle Revis, you could make a strong argument that Griffin might be the next best BIG CB who...if failing to move to CB adequately...can be a good S? Little downside in that.

But you are correct...the more we gamble (save taking McNair and Young with the 3rd pick), the more we seem to lose (shotgun approach to DE, Calico, Woolfolk, ect).

MR is SLOWLY fixing our holes though.

Gut

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Excellent point, Gut. Guys, think about like this:

At worst, we have a replacement for Lameont..

At best, we have a physical corner in the mold of Nate Clements.

I dont think that anything he learns as a CB in the NFL will hurt his chances of being a good safety. In fact, I assume it should help him.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I just hope Fisher doesn't :dead: if it looks as though Griffin should move back to safety...I can see him holding on to the idea for far too long.

10. i think that the only reason that griffin might not move to safety even if pac comes back would be because fish is obviously in love with LT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar