The Peyton Saga Continues...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

IN fairness, he did say "we", which in the english language obviously includes him, so not sure how he is reflecting blame when he clearly included himself in that blame. I still think this is an issue created by journalists with way to much time on their hands and a lack of reading comprehension skills.

3. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Thats surprising... he's so full of himself, I didnt there would be room to be full of crap too.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Jeff in that article thats also not what he is saying. He is saying that protection is more than just the offensive line, and again, he said "we" which clearly includes him. Some of you guys need to just admit that if peyton was the second coming of christ you would still find ways to criticize him, this is ridiculous.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

A little off topic, but I upgraded to digital cable yesterday and my new package includes the NFL Channel (woo hoo!). Anyway, I turned it on this morning and they were having a press conference/awards ceremony for NFL man of the year. Peyton won the award.

In his acceptance speech, he talked about a kid helped by his foundation who had a crack addict mother and had been placed in a foster home. He compared that situation to his memory of being a 4 year old child riding on a catamaran without his parents permission with Walter Payton.

Sounds reasonable enough to me.

6. TitanJeff

"We" may mean "us" but "protection" means "the act of protecting" and that is done by those who block when discussing football.

As I've stated here before, I have nothing but admiration for the guy in just about everything I know about him except how he deals with defeat.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thats fine, but he still never singled out the Oline at anytime, and he never said it didnt include the Oline. This is some sort orwellian newspeak where if peyton says "we" it = "they". I think this whole situation was caused by shotty journalism, its not Peytons fault the media is fascinated with him. Criticizing his game is one thing, puttting words in his mouth and changing the meaning of his quotes is pretty ****ty journalism though.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yes, and it also entails schemes, and game planning, and calling out protections, and playcalling and this and that, which is certainly part of what peyton does.

And my last post wasnt entirely directed towards you, I dont agree with you on this point but you do give credit where credit is due. It was more meant for the people so blinded by homerism that they can never give manning credit for anything.

9. TitanJeff

That's fine. But go back to the first post. Read the comments in the context it was presented.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here..."

"I'm looking for the safe word here, guys..."

Kravitz is about as close to Manning and the Colts as one can be. He says in the article that Peyton has this dealing with failure issue and I see his latest comments as just adding more fuel to the fire.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

:lol2: - Man, I hate when that happens.

The stupidest thing Goober said was, "I'm trying to be a good teammate here". In other words, "It wasn't my fault so listen up, the next thing out of my mouth will be a blame dart"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar