The one guy...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I want to know some predictions. It has been four years since we had a 1,000+ yard receiver. In the 2004-2005 season, we had two. We haven't had ONE since. Who's going to be that guy? Who's going to have a breakout season RIGHT NOW. It could be a rookie, a veteran, a journeyman, a tightend, a runningback... or are we just just destined for sucktitude at WR for eternity?

I predict that guy will be Justin Gage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Justin Gage getting a thousand yards hmm.. Maybe, certainly looks like the best bet today. Of course the Titans are as you called it 'destined for sucktitude at WR for eternity'. Jeff Fisher went from a high school receiver to a "forever hating on all WR's". This franchise has screwed up when it comes to knowing about that position. They did let go of HOFer Steve Largent for an eighth-rounder a hundred years ago and since then they suck at that WR spot. I'm sure some person on goTitans will find a WR over the years that's been good. We had Mason that's nothing. I will say the next guy to have 1,000 yards receiving will be Kenny Britt (1st round WR for the Titans) that's a once in a decade kind of thing so he's gotta do it.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't know, but we won't have a 1,000 yard receiver this season.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Honestly, what big name WR wants to come and play for a run-first team?

It's like Dinger when he was talking about Hawk and his lack of playing time last year, saying that Hawk needs to learn more of the play book. WHAT? Dinger, just fukin let him run all of five or six routes and let him have at it. You made it way more complicated for him that it needed to be and he sat on the bench behind JSuc for the whole year when he didn't need to.

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I think it will be Gage if he can stay healthy

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Awesome topic.

The answer is sucktitude at WR for eternity (as long as Fisher is coach).

If I HAD to bet money on a Titan to break 1000 yards in 2009, it would be... Bo Scaife. :ha:

Alright, he had 560 yards last season, on 58 catches (tied for 42nd in the league). His Yac was low though. So lets say he gets his YAC up to a high 12, and adds 20 receptions on the year. That would put him close to 1000 yards receiving.

Hey its ridiculous and I'm not saying I think its going to happen. But if I was given money odds and Scaife was listed comparable to Nate Washington, Gage, and Britt, I'd take Scaife!

7. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Washington. He's from Pittsburghs WR school, not ours!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar