The official Vince Young sucks and we should start Collins thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

What the hell are you talking about the first two paragraphs? Nothing to do with what I said.

We've already had the Bolden talk. It won't happen. Got any real suggestions.

And would you quit getting personal about this crap? "You are one of those people that settle for mediocrity"? You don't know me. Thats bull ****. I will talk about facts with you all day, but don't try to assume you know who I am and what I think. I want us to win every game. But I know getting better isn't simply "trade all of our picks for Bolden" or "we should replace Young". You can tell all of us who isn't playing well. Try giving us a realistic solution.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I just like all the guys who actually think there's any shot collins could become the starter or that vince young is almost done as a starter. If you don't like vince and can't stand him playing qb I would suggest becoming a fan of a new team because I guarantee he will be a titan for years to come.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you think he can average a 45-70 qb rating and keep his job, I have bad news for you. If he doesn't improve, we'll draft a QB next year for certain. Hopefully earlier than that.

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

:drunk:Tim Tebow? Anyone? I'd take him.... Guy is classy. Guy has heart!

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

How could we draft a qb earlier than next year? I also like how you say he averages 45-70 where in his first 2 years he's been right around 70. Clearly if his rating drops to 45 for a season there would be large reason for concern. As has been stated on here many times the organization (guys who actually know things about the team) knew he was a 3 year project so they will not give up on him before their target time period.

6. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

I'm sticking by the guy like I believe we all should. He has less than 2 yrs experience. This is his team. He's the offensive leader. If he doesn't improve throughout this year then it's time to look for someone in the draft. I would let him start next year as well but on a very short leash.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My Criteria for benching would be:

a) He has a legit #1 WR and
    b) we are below .500
    c) and a qb rating under 80

When those three things happen, I'd bench him.

But the only one true so far is option c. And that is shaky since he's been around 85 over his last six games.

I see him as qb for at least another 2 years because of the WR situation alone, plus we have no serious backup to give a shot too. So VY is the deal. I'm ok with that since we've been winning so much.

Next year, if we draft a qb instead of a WR in round 1, I will consider that a real disappointment.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yesterday was no "surprise". There have been MANY posts/threads in the past reflecting what we saw in VY's performance today- subpar ability to read D's, emotional immaturity, inaccurate passing etc. So many of you should tone down the reactionary rhetoric.

The Jags have a solid D that has seen VY many times before- they were able to make it difficult for him again. He threw 2 picks- yes at a bad time and due to his faults. Guess what- SO DID GARRARD against our good defense. The picks don't bother me. Could he have avoided those with more time spent during the spring? Probably so IMO.

What does bother me is that VY's confidence appears shattered. He STILL isn't playing to his strength by "tucking and running" when lanes open up. That gives the safeties hell when does that and keeps them off balance. Is that Dinger or Vince? I don't know.

His propensity for sideline "pouting" is almost Ryan Leaf-like. I am VERY concerned he is or has lost the respect of his team-mates as evidenced by KVB's post-game quote about the Defense "not quitting out there". The "mild (tight) hamstring" issue before and during the game after his second pick is a crock of :bsflag: IMO. It was a convenient pre-game excuse Fisher had to justify not encouraging VY run the ball when he had an open lane. And the MCL that miraculously improved in the locker room after ice? Psshhhhh- what a joke. We are seeing Fisher's "damage control" experience in full force.

Vince remains emotionally immature and that is unlikely to change during the next several years. He has the physical skills to lead the team and with the right "mental coaching" that should be enough to allow him to fulill his potential as an elite QB. Can you imagine what McNair's mental outlook (and performance) would be if he wasn't running the ball occasionally? (See the last few years of his career if you can't.)

So here it is:

1. Vince did not have an "end of the world" performance yesterday. He threw the same number of picks as QB of the team we beat.
    2. He is our QB and he IS emotionally immature. That WILL improve as he gets older.
    3. Our coaching staff needs to design/implement/call a few more plays to use his running skills to keep the opposing DB's off balance and to reduce the mental pressure on Vince.
    4. Vince is in year one of a new offensive scheme. He will get better with it IF he can clean up the mush between his ears. Unfortunately for Vince and us, he DOES listen to the media and the fans who are "booing".

I really don't like the way our fan base likes to readily throw away talent we spent a high draft pick on. :sad2:

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm just happy we were able to score twice:)woohoo:).That in itself should be a thread of its own,i think the fortunate thing about our situation with VY going down is that we have a proven backup that can win a few cames for us.I don't trust him for the remainder of the season but just till we get vy back

10. imbread

imbread Starter

all this talk about vy is good and all but after next week, it will really going to heat up..
    kc does good vince will have a hard time getting back on the field, and if he does bad , we all will be saying may be vy not that bad.. cant wait until next week ... little worry i think we need to bring someone in , just in case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar