The Official "Start Henry Thread"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chris_Henry29, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

Chris Brown is the same height as Eddie George....

I guess Eddie was too tall as well?

2. I think that the difference is that Henry is a heck of a lot faster than George, but he looked like he brought power to his game against the skins, he was lowering his helmet and hitting people hard. Anyone remember when he injured that huge DL?

3. Nine

Nine Starter

Jeez, y'all sure get bent out of shape.

All things considered, Henry looked very good. A very promising preseason debut. But let's not make it more than it is.

He played well enough to earn some reps with the 1's this week. We'll see how he looks. Personally, I'd like nothing better than for CHenry to light it up, and blow the RB competition wide open. (Heck, maybe he'll light a fire under Lendale and Brown. Lendale in particular strikes me as a guy who would run better when he's mad.)

Let's see all three of them on equal ground, under similar circumstances....then we'll talk about who should be starting.

4. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

I really like Henry too. After what I saw, I say if Lendale and brown can beat THAT then they can have it. The only thing they have is more experence. But I'm not too worried as long as we win games. I bet it'll be the same order as last year, Henry, White, Brown...only this year it'll be a different Henry. And I believe that Fisher said that they will rotate the starters with White starting next week and Henry starting next. But don't worry once White and Brown start triping over their own feet then Henry will start. Like I said, if they can beat him then they are welcome to the starting job. We'll just wait and see.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

Mahelona had more sacks than Haynesworth...wheres the "Start Mahelona" thread?:))

Seriously though...Henry looked good but I think the stats would have been the total opposite had Henry started and Brown finished up

6. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I think the most promising thing Henry did the other night is look good on pass protection. 1-on-1 blocking and chipping the DE some, too. The more he gives them confidence there, the more likely he sees the field in a rotation this year.

Worked hard on special teams too, although he didn't have much to show for it except getting knocked down a few times. Too bad the Redskins kicker couldn't keep the kickoff in bounds to start the second half, would've like to see him get his return rep there before they ran him hard and shut him down.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea, forget his rushing stats and recieving yards, he looked REALLY good blocking for rattay, i saw him make one block that allowed rattay to get the extra time needed to throw for a first down on 3rd and long. its not rushing for 40+ yards, and getting 3 receptions a game that will get him the starting position, its blocking.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

LenDale White FTW

9. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

He has a while to go before he should start.... like run against first-teamers. I also don't think he blocks well enough to get that much playing time.

10. He blocked just as well if not better than the other two RBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar