THE OFFICIAL jake locker pick your side thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Aug 12, 2013.

?

how do you think jakes gonna do this year

Poll closed Aug 20, 2013.
  1. we have a franchise qb

10.3%
  2. pretty good lots of optimism

50.0%
  3. game manager

25.9%
  4. get rid of him bad

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I posted this somewhere else...but ill repost it here. locker had 11 ints last season...to 10 tds...looks bad. but he also had a bad 3 game stretch where he threw 2 3 and 2 per game, so in those 3 games he had nearly 75% of his ints and that was after he came back from injury the second time, or maybe the lions were the first 2 ints then he was out then came back and threw 3 and 2 after that but whatever. besides those 3 games I believe hes never thrown more than 1 int in a game in the nfl

2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Showing optimism for me. I don't think he has done enough for me to be on either side of the fence. He's had good games; he's had bad games. He just needs to show more consistency. Put me right on top of the fence.

3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Locker looked more consistent last night and much improved. If his WR's learn how to catch, then he will do just fine as a game manager this year. If 11 starts isn't enough to evaluate a QB, then Rusty's 1 start is certainly not enough! I just don't get how Rusty gets one start ever and is doomed to ride the bench. Rusty played poorly last night, but his mistakes seemed to be ones that stemmed from inexperience and not from lack of ability. It is hard to argue that Locker looked his best in the NFL coming off the bench to spell Hasselbeck in his rookie season. This could be due to lack of defensive game planning for a rookie that had never played in the NFL, or just due to the fact that Locker has what it takes. I hope Locker has what it takes and I will root for him, but I don't have to like him!
    I also do think 11 games is enough to come to my conclusions. Locker was the QB with the lowest score on the wonderlick out of his draft class and he has that 1,000 yard stare (glazed over look in his eyes) all of the time. He is a boring dude and I would never want to sit down and have a beer with him! He wouldn't even need 1 start for me to come to that conclusion! How many poor NFL starts does it take? How many excuses can one make? McCarthy is a great MLB who can't stay healthy... this makes him... wait for it... worthless! I am SO ready for the Titans to make it back to the playoffs that I am rooting for a guy that I don't like. I am taking one for the team. Go Locker! Don't suck! I still think that if Rusty was our first or even second round pick with a new coach he would be playing solid football as our starter by this point.

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Confused.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

First, avatar needed. A bird with arms would work well for you.

Second, as for what you posted above ↑, no. Pigeon territory.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Upright7

With a little red go-tee, ha! What's wrong with Rusty? He is the most physically able out of our 3 QBs to be an NFL player. The team also brags on him having the most command of the offensive system they are running. This has been consistent through the years. He has the biggest arm.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I got you upright, these would work well for you
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Passer ratings for #Titans QBs after first 2 weeks: Ryan Fitzpatrick 131.5, Rusty Smith 94.7 and Jake Locker 76.5

Come on, Jake. You're playing with the first team out there.. you better get it together. Don't make the fans start calling for FitzMagic.

9. Upright7

and... done!

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think this guy has potential

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar