THE OFFICIAL jake locker pick your side thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Aug 12, 2013.

?

how do you think jakes gonna do this year

Poll closed Aug 20, 2013.
  1. we have a franchise qb

10.3%
  2. pretty good lots of optimism

50.0%
  3. game manager

25.9%
  4. get rid of him bad

13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Who's being negative about Locker? Is stating reality the same as being negative?

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

VY was our last QB. He's naturally who most posters are going to compare Jake Locker to.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Um, no. My point is people have thrown Locker aside without actually seeing what he can do. 11 starts have apparently been enough to judge him by their standards.

You can criticize VY because he's been cut three times and exiled from the league for a year. Dude has proven to three different organization that he's not good. That isn't my evaluation, it's the Eagles' and Bills'. He was one step away from going to the CFL to pay off his debts. BUT HE HAS A WINNING RECORD! He also has more turnovers than TDs in his career. Quarterbacks are not pitchers, their records are indicative of the teams that they're on, not necessarily their quarterbacking skill.

Now this is the part when you tell me that all of elite quarterbacks have winning records. Yeah, that's true, but they also have more TDs than turnovers throughout their careers and generally don't get released by teams that need quarterbacks.

4. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

don't know.jpg Beats the crap outa me.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Exactly. I was a VY fan, but he was dead to me the instant he was no longer a Titan.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

VY IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Locker's job should be a cake walk this year compared to last year. CJ and Green coupled with a great OL means that all Locker has to do is not loose games for the Titans. I was at last nights practice and I have to say I was less than impressed. The team has touted a physical, nasty attitude this year and I just didn't see it. I am severely disappointed. The only players that looked good (excluding the OL, they were solid) were CJ, Green, Pollard and Brown. I have a feeling it will be another long season if they don't figure things out. Locker better get it together fast!

8. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Locker will bounce back today.

9. amy

amy Starter

Well, one of two things is going to happen in the future. Either he is going to work out or he isn't. But one thing I know and you would all know if you stop and think about it. Whatever you think, IS. So for you, if you think he is not going to work out, then every little misstep will be noted and heavy sighs of "I told you so" will ensue. On the other hand, if you think he is going to come into his own, then one bad day of practice is not going to make you sad and you will see good in most things he does. Life is what you think it is. That is all it is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. rodgev

rodgev Starter

I wouldn't mind his accuracy problems if he threw low when he was off. Those High throws are the worst! Those lead to a big hit on your wr or a pick by a safety. How many safety's picked Locker last year. If he can keep those balls down then he will be great if not let him hand off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar