The official "I'm done" thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWrath, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You support them no matter what decisions they make? That's just stupid. This is an entertainment industry. So you keep spending money even if you are no longer entertained?

Do you have season tickets?

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

That sounds pretty sweet. I mainly listen to EDM and rock. Rise Against being my favourite band.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I live in NE so I don't have season tickets but if I lived in Tenn I would. Stupid or not there is value in sticking by your team through thick and thin. I honestly believe we WILL win a ring in my lifetime and when that happens all the struggle and losing will be worth it.

I saw how Boston erupted after finally winning the world series after all that time. I'm not a fan of Boston sports or Baseball in general but the amount of pride and joy they felt was immeasurable. If I wanted to just root for a winner I'd be a Pats fan but it's just not in me. If all fans jumped ship when the going got tough there would be no Browns, Bills, or Lions fans. Maybe they are stupid for following their team but they have my respect.

4. Riverman

Supporting a team financially is different from supporting emotionally. Put your money where your mouth is. You state it is egotistical to make support conditional yet you don't have much financial investment. You're all talk.

Season tickets are DAMN expensive. When folks sacrifice that disposable income on an entertainment product they expect to be entertained. Or they will spend their money elsewhere. That is THEIR prerogative. The majority of the posts were about spending money.

Alex and I disagree on a lot if issues. But he's been clear he'll keep spending. I can disagree with him on that but I respect him because his money is where his mouth his.

And you really think Munch should not have been fired. Wow.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've never thought about giving up on the team completely, but I have thought about (and followed through on) not giving this organization a single cent of my money. Like Riverman said above, it's supposed to be entertainment. And it really all boils down to how you want to spend your entertainment dollars. The product we've been seeing for the majority of the past decade or so? I ultimately decided that product was not worth my money. If I could go to a game for $20/person or something then perhaps it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But for the kind of money it takes to attend and have a good time at an NFL game, I better be leaving there feeling like I got my money's worth. And 2012 Lions game aside, I hadn't felt like that in a long, long time. Hell, you can almost afford a small vacation with what it costs to take a family of 3-4 to a game these days.

Some people take great pride in financially supporting their team even when they aren't getting a great return on that investment. That's completely fine it's just not me and never will be. I'm too frugal. And many of those same people get great satisfaction in looking down on other fans who do not share their blind loyalty. Good for them I guess. Luckily my self-worth isn't too tied up into how big of a sports team fan I am.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

We went back and forth quite a bit on whether Much should have been fired. I'm surprised you don't remember. If you decide to no longer financially support the team, that I can understand. As you said, I don't pay for game tickets so I can't judge that. My comments are more geared towards people who were willing to stop being Titans fans period. I can't judge how people spend money that does not belong to me but if you're going to stop following a team because they're making moves you don't like then I will look negatively on that.

7. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

I can't afford tickets, much less merchandise.... i support the team by at least watching them every sunday... ^^;

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Same here, I'm 25 and just started making decent money. I will be planning trips to Tenn or nearby away games now that I can actually afford it.

9. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

My new job will probably allow me to go to a game now and again, so I'm considering it soon.

10. Riverman

I understand where you're coming from. You'll be better served in the future to be more clear about what group you are referencing before deciding to use inflammatory rhetoric like "egotistical".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar