The official "I'm done" thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWrath, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What's excruciatingly funny here is that Riverman is the one who wanted to get rid of his season tickets because he Is tired of the dedication to mediocrity. So you quoting him as an inspiration is ironic at best. Riverman is a reasonable and level headed guy. Unlike others on the site.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Criticizing this team is valid and warranted as clearly our records the last few years points to the fact that something is wrong. It's the people who are threatening to leave and saying things like "if such and such happens, I'm done" people that Alex's rage seems to be aimed at and I think it's justifiable. Most of you guys are just concerned fans who want the team to go in a different direction and this is understandable but saying you will leave until the team wins is a pretty fake fan thing to do.Sticking through adversity makes success that much sweeter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

I jump the Giants ship when the Titans came to town and still with the Titans. I watch the Giants back from 82 up until the Titans came to Memphis to play in the Liberty memorial stadium as the Tennessee Oilers. I don't jump ship much only two team i have rooted for in my life. I root for the home town teams i'm happy to have a NFL team here and will stand by them no matter what but mm need to go to help get fans back in the stadium and fans excited. And get back to playing Titans ball

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

More like the past 10 years.

People are just pissed off and emotional right now. And very justifiably so. I have no problem with the ranting and raving in times like these. This organization brings it on itself. It's been very tough and frustrating to be a Titans fan for the past decade. And there's no sign of things getting better anytime soon. Aside from "hope", of course. :rolleyes:

All that said, I think when everyone has time to settle down most, if not all, of these people saying they are "done" will still be here cheering on the Titans on Sundays. But I stick by my pledge to not attend a single game or spend a single cent on this team until they prove to me that they are worth my hard-earned money. If that makes me a bad fan to some people then so be it. I really couldn't give a F. I look at it as being smart with my money and doing what little I can to force a culture change within this organization.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

that's exactly correct. Look at the title of this thread and that's my issue. If you are jumping ship now, you were never a real fan of the Titans to begin with.

6. Alex1939

YOU ARE ON THE LIST!

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I am in the same boat as you. I haven't spent a cent on a game or bought merch or even watched the games on Sundays on TV (I don't get Tennessee games in my area anyways) so i dropped directv and sunday ticket several years ago. I look at the Titans just like any other business.

Fans can call into radio shows, tweet, whine on message boards but the only way to get anyones attention is with your $$$. That is the only way you will be able to have any say. So for people trying to shame you for wanting to save a few thousand dollars a year... You must really ask, do these people have IQ levels above 60? Why would you willing spend money on a BAD product that doesn't care about getting better?

If a diner served excellent food ten years ago but for the last 9, they've drastically went down in quality, would you keep going to that diner? Maybe if all of the sudden, you find out they have new ownership and management and rave reviews start coming in, that's when you start coming back.

In my mind, the whole "You're a fairweather fan" thing is perpetuated by the NFL to get you keep spending money. The NFL isn't hurtin for money.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Alex1939

If you don't want to continue to spend money that's nobody's business but yours.

If you are supporting another team as your #1 besides the Titans, then you are a fairweather/bandwagon fan.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Cool. I'm excited about that. Let me know when the name tags come in.

10. Alex1939

You have to turn in your rational response squad badge first. ON THE LIST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar