The Official goTitans University of Tennessee Volunteers Football Thread of the Year 2015

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I actually agree...but perhaps I can also see the benefits he brings. I suspect there might just be a real QB competition between he and Dormady next spring. Dormady is a much, much better passer...not quite the running threat but, yes sometimes it is painful to watch Dobbs on anything longer than about a 15 yard route. But, he was never planning on playing on Sundays....he will be designing aircraft/working for NASA. But to be truthful about the UT close calls this year most of them can be laid on the right foot of Medley....I truthfully just assume he will miss anything longer than a 30 yarder. If I were butch I would be finding some soccer kid on campus because Medley has lost several games by himself in the last 2 years....kickers...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Big TT

UT fans, and you are a typical one, don't have a realistic expectation of where/what UT should be. UT even in the Fulmer glory days was not a National Title contender every year. Yes Fulmer got one, but most years he lost to Florida, most years he lost to Bama, even during the Peyton years. UT realistically should be at the same level as Florida/Georgia. Which means that they should be a top 10ish type of team...most years. Recruiting is the key and Butch has done a GREAT job of that. Only a dumba$$ would argue that.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Kicker has cost Tennessee more than just this game.

That is inexcusable.

Even worse if you know he is a massive liability bit you keep trotting him out there anyways.

Just go for it or punt.

4. Big TT

You do realize this kid was the top kicker out of hs right...kickers are just fragile as crackers...and I agree. I would be bringing in another one asap.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

CFB has changed a lot in the last two decades.

They should be competing for national titles.

They should win them just like Alabama.

If you can consistently have top 10 recruiting classes there is no excuse not to roll up a couple.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yea but he has been a liability all season. Eventually you have to stop trusting him.

Just go for it.

7. Big TT

Look, he has had 2 top five classes and looks to have another that finished top 10. This team is going toe to toe with top teams this year and if not for losing big 4th quarter leads they would have at least 2 more wins. I guess my point of view is it is still the youngest team in CF. Nearly all the key players are either freshmen or sophomores. Tell you what...if this time next year when Hurd the rest are juniors if we are still having the same conversation I would be willing to go down the FIRE Butch road with you. Think about it...UT played great yesterday...lost to a great bama team at home, a bama team made up with seniors and juniors btw.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. XO

XO Nevada Native

I do think they improve under Butch.

They might even win a couple more next year.

I just think Butch's ceiling is Gary Pinkel, Mark Richt or Les Miles on a good day.

They will be talented, they will compete but he won't ever be the toast of the conference. He doesn't have the football IQ to do it unless he finds some damn good coordinators.

Fulmer was blessed by the ability to recruit and having damn good coordinators.

When he didn't have strong coordinators it cost him his job.

Butch has hired some of the worst coordinators in the conference.

9. Big TT

Again, if we are still having this conversation next year fair enough. BTW, les has a CFB championship I do believe.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

With Saban's players Les did.

Les also hires great coordinators.

Cam Cameron and Kevin Steele

Previously had John Chavis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar