The Official Coach Fisher Needs To Be Fired Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

They gave up 40 points IN PART because of the offense's total and utter lack of push. The guys on defense aren't machines, they get tired. And when their asses are out their for the majority of the game (I haven't had the heart to glance at the time of possession, but I'm certain it's frightning).

The loss was just as much the offense's as it was the defenses, don't get it twisted!

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good post.

I'm not defending Fisher here but what is the best alternative at this point? Is it to fire Fisher and make one of the coordinators the head coach? No way. How about firing Fisher, Chow and Schwartz and allowing a position coach to step in and throw together a staff and introduce new schemes on both sides of the ball. We can't execute a plan the team has worked on for months.

I think keeping the same coaching staff in place this season is the only chance the Titans have to win a few games.

Having said that, your comment may be dead on though I hope that things are being changed behind the scenes. I don't think we have enough evidence yet to say Fisher is in full blown denial because, in all liklihood, when the scheme is executed properly, there are successful results. Even Collins executed this offense well in the fourth quarter against the Jets.

I don't see wholesale changes in scheme as the best route here either. What I do expect is for Fisher & Co to find ways to utilize the talent they have and better and motivate these players. They should strive to keep up the intensity and concentration for 60 minutes a game. The mental breakdowns and lack of consistency by one or more players each play is giving us our current results.

Maybe it is a shift in some of the personnel but Fisher has always been less inclined to do this. For scheme to work, there has to be consistency. That is why he rarely plays inexperience over experience even when the rookie may have more potential to make big plays.

I'll give the Titans until the bye week before I deem Fisher "insane". I think Sunday was "rock-bottom" and we'll see some things begin happening behind the scenes that we might not notice until Sunday.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

when the players are on the field for dang near 90% of the game they are tired. They couldn't stop a Pop Warner team at that point :grrhee:

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I realize that the defense was tired. However, I don't speak on speculation and anything I say about offense would be a mere opinion. But here goes: after less than a week of practice, Kerry is given the team. He may know the playbook, but he has no chemistry with the offense, especially the WRs. The passes are 5 and 10 yards past the WR.

I'm no coach, but I'd think Volek, who went thru camp, would give the team a better chance to win. He knows the quirks and route running of the WRs, and would have more accurate throws. I'm sure Volek could handoff to the RBs in his sleep.

My "fan" coaching suggests that Volek get the start in Miami and see how it goes. Miami bites just as much as the Titans, so at least we have a chance to win!

This team has talented playmakers. Why Brandon Jones isn't a constant target baffles me! If you have a team full of talent and you still lose, the problem is in the Coaching. A coaching change right now can't make the team any worse. A new perspective may be the jolt the team needs.

Look at the Jags defense. We have players on our D who are equal matches. Leftwich isn't that much better than Volek and the Titans have comparable offensive weapons. Del Rio is what Fisher used to be. Fisher has lost this team. We've all worked with a person who has been in a job too long and their job performance starts to slip.

5. The Mrs

I must add, as a person, I love Jeff. He's a great guy to the guys on the team.

The schemes and plays just need to be adjusted to the players you have on hand. We don't have an Eddie to stuff the ball down field. We don't have Samari to shut down the air attack. We don't have a "healthy" Jevon to rule the line of scrimmage.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

They said these same things about Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh a few years ago, when they wanted him fired, too.

How's he done lately. :rolleyes:

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Cowher's team lost some games a few years ago, but they didn't have the wheels completly fall off like we've seen here.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Cowher has had some middle of the pack teams but he has never had 3 straight years of being in the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the league. And if something doesnt change that is exactly what we are looking at. We are turning into the Bungles before Lewis and Carson were there.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Titans
    2004 - A few veterans still here, so many injuries we couldn't dress a full roster

2005 - Cap Purge Rebuilding year #1

2006 - Rebuilding year #2

10. The Mrs

Skitch, are you related to Fisher, or what? What is left to rebuild? We have 2nd year corners that have Hope in the backfield with them, an average vet in Lamont, a pro bowl caliber linebacker in Bulluck, Thornton next to him and Haynesworth and KVB on the line. LaBoy isn't too shabby.

On offense, you have Mawae, you have 2 vet rbs, you have a vet in Bennet and a 2nd year weapon in Brandon Jones. What exactly are we having to rebuild at this point? Give Parcells, Bellicik, Billick or even Del Rio this group of same players and we're sitting at 2-0!

We are past rebuilding! Volek had history with this team and it was insane to let him go and start Collins. There was a reason Collins was available! Heck, we might as well have signed Rodney Peete or brought O'Donnell back!

Rebuilding is no longer a viable excuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar