The Official Coach Fisher Needs To Be Fired Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Exactly!! Who or what is out there that would be an acceptable replacement?

Now this is a good idea,
    and I would add an offensive coordinator.

Here's another, we've all heard the rumors about Bill Cower retiring or whatever, maybe he just needs some new surrondings. We could trade Fish and Schwartz for Bill.

They would have to go together 'cause Fish uses the power of the Schwartz, He has the BIGGEST Schwartz in the N.F.L.;)

2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

You call that coaching? Haha..right. Hell..I couldn't do a worse job..in fact everyone in here could do as good a job as he is doing right now. Nope, you're wrong, I never liked him, even when they were playing great. I have ALWAYS questioned some of his football decisions and tactics, and I also feel that coaching is overrated. As I made reference to a similar situtation in baseball. Tell me that the Yankees need Joe Torre and that they wouldn't have made the playoffs every year since he has been here. Ultimately it's the PLAYERS that really make a team great, coaching helps but only to a certain extent. Besides, through the years I remember them being very undisciplined when it comes to penalties, turnovers..etc. That's a reflection of coaching. We'll see how successful he is if he leaves here and takes over somewhere else.

3. MoneyMike

MoneyMike Guest

Fisher should be allowed to finish the season, I believe he's earned that, if he doesn't turn things around then he should be dismissed at the end of the season. Floyd Reese is the one who should be fired at once, the main problem
    with this team is lack of talent and that falls squarely on his shoulders. His draft choices over the past 6 years have all been suspect. Bud Adams should try talking Bobby Beathard out of retirement or hire a current GM from another
    successful team.

4. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Cower would never quit the Rooney family to work for the Adams Family...
    But I would love it. Fisher really needs some breaks right now, but Miami is not going to be a happy camper next sunday.

[​IMG]

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

ok who is festus...lol

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's a hoot. :biglaugh:

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

this aggarvates me, i think fisher is a great coach, and now that we have a bad team and underachieving players, its the coaches fault, if ew are to blame anyone, its the gm and the defensive coordinator, for example, we HAD to let many key players go such as Mcnair, Mason, Kearse, etc, because our gm handed out too much money in a short amount of time in their contracts, and when it came time to pay, we had to cut to get under the cap, the team is rebuilding, especally the offense, so its going to be hard for us to score, especally with kerry collins and chris in the backfield, THEYRE NOT THE ANSWER TO THIS TEAM. Vince Young and Lendale White are the future, so put them in there and let them learn together, as fopr the defense, it sucks, we have a few underachieveing players and a garbage coordinator, who doesnt prepare properly for the games, so as i said, fire them

8. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Bud adams is festus and the old lady (cant remember her name)
    After typing the "adams family" I just couldnt help myself.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The players are even more frustrated and disappointed than the fans. There is no reason for this defense to give up 40 points.

The Titans were poorly prepared. You can have the best players on the field, but if they aren't properly coached and prepared, you get what was seen on Sunday. This defense lacks meanness and don't have a nose for the ball.

I love Jeff, he's so cool and the players love him. But should players love their coach? I think D-line coach Jim Washburn, should be made H.C. Immediately. Players love him, but they also totally respect and fear his wrath. I honestly think he could turn this team around.

Right now this is a poorly prepared team who lacks proper discipline. There is no reason a D with Bulluck, Hope, Thornton, KVB and Haynesworth should give up 40!

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm going to repeat my post from another thread again in this thread:
    Concerning Fisher's post-game comments:

Fisher's comments can be seen/heard at nfl.com in the highlights video dept.

I watched it and was appalled. He really thought he was covering his butt by saying "If you're looking for someone to blame, then blame me"...the arrogance in which he stated that became clear in his following remarks (denial of QB controversy, he's gonna keep on cause he's right, etc...).

Fisher has no intention of accepting any responsibility. He said that because he thinks that you, the fans, are a bunch of idiots and he knows what he's doing because, after all, he's been one of the longest-tenured HCs ever. He knows you'll blame him, and he's condescendingly pandering to that.

This is Nero's Rome...where's my fiddle?

I said it elsewhere here, and I'll say it agian: Fisher has REACHED HIS POINT OF INCOMPETENCE. Arrogance like this is the first and most glaring stage of it.

He says he's going to continue doing what he's doing because he knows it's right....CLEARLY it is NOT working. 12-Step programs call this insanity....repeating an action or behavior over and over while expecting a different result. That definition applies to our esteemed HC.

While it has been very easy to point fingers lately--bad coverage, poor execution, etc, etc,---Fisher has, with this press conference, pulled back the wool and exposed us to where the true problem is, and it's from the top down, starting with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar