The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

lol CJ will be playing every game, CJ likes football to much to hold games.

Titans are gonna make him richer ,nothing to worry about here. CJ will be at training camp within 2 weeks.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

2 things that will make CJ sign.

1. Time is against him with the new rules.

2. We actually have other players we are looking forward to seeing, Hasselbeck and Locker stole a lot of CJ's spot light. CJ would be missed but not as bad as he would a year ago.

let CJ hold out, it's his future and wallet, now that we have QB's i think Harper and Ringer can make due.

3. imbread

imbread Starter

i see the eagle are taking the stand that titans are, get here and we will talk, but to cj credit this gm never does what he says he will

4. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

The front office has always taken the mantra nobody is bigger than the team. Kerse, Haysworth, samare rolle, mason, odom, KVB, chris johnson, William Fuller and Sean Jones, warren moon, steve mcnair, shall I go on?

Chris Johnson is the one guy that is exposing the front office, because he is clearly one of the top players in the game, and the front office is still playing hardball. I don't know if I can be a titan fan after this.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

A kid like Harper is going to want to prove himself so CJ had better be careful.

Bruce Matthews/Munchak will have that o-line working to where CJ may want to be careful missing any time.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We have the space he is the best player on the team by far..........pay the man we are way under the cap and he is the cornerstone, titans look cheap to me. They will pay a 36 yr old qb ( I like the signing!) with inj history and declining skills 3yr. 21 million. Pony up for CJ!

7. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

They are cheap. Think about it, who was the last true high profile star player the titans have had on the team? I'd say it was Warren Moon.

Once the titans moved from am offensive oriented team in the early 90s, to a defensive team, the only players we've had that were stars were underrated players that the titans were able to make lowball deals to. There is a reason for this. The titans don't pay their players, period.

8. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

CJ is going to get paid is just a matter of time. Training camp hasn't even started yet for christ sake. He is the offense.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

even so.... like stated in another topic.... we can't totally break the bank with CJ... we need the money for other pieces for the team... CJ's always whining about how we cant get other star players... well buddy, you're one of the reasons why... less money for you means more money for other players..

sounds like most of y'all are CJ fans first and titans fans second... sorry, but i'm looking out for the team.. I like CJ as much as the next guy, but the fact of the matter is.. he doesn't play on the other side of the ball.. don't forget... we're not done with our FA signings yet.. our D-line is in shambles with Babin leaving and Ball and Ford hanging by a thread...

10. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Yeah, but. This isn't like an overpaying player for the sake of overpaying. The titans are one of the stingiest teams in the league. And, I for one, don't care if he plays for the titans or not. But I'm sick of the BS that management pulls. Trade him. Because it's not going to make any difference in the long run if we keep him or not.

But that won't happen either. Because the titans are bound and determined to hold him to his contract or let him sit out games, and they have no intention of trading him or paying him. That is what makes me sick about this organization. And don't tell me that the titans are cap strapped. We don't have nobody on this team at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar