The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Problem is, and it happens daily on all news forums, it's a symptom of the digital age. Most people want "something" right now.....not when it's been verified as truth or tomorrow morning when it's in the paper.

Too easy to log on to a Blog or BB to get news......even though it may be false.

2. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

What Kind of Contract do you see Chris Johnson ultimately getting?

Now that the sides have picked up, what do you think will be the final numbers and do you think they will favor Johnson (more than 25 million in guaranteed money) or Management (under 25 million a year in guaranteed money). And what will be the per year amount?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think TitanJeff's head just exploded with the creation of another CJ thread.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

No doubt he is more connected, and you are probably right as far as his "reporting" goes. I don't really think he would report false facts, at least not on purpose, but some of his tweets were 100% opinion based and not really reports. Those are the main ones that I was talking about.

Like when people would ask him if he thought the deal would be done by the start of the season, his answers were always just very pessimistic. Not saying that he had a reason to be optimistic, I just got the vibe that he was hoping CJ would miss a few games. JMO

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Let's turn it into a VY thread.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I hear you...I am guilty of this as well. Just a post or two ago I was asking for "intel" on the numbers of the deal. That said, I do know it is pretty much gossip until I hear it from a regular news source.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If CJ was upset about people saying racist things about him on his timeline that's one thing. Those type of remarks are totally unnecessary and there's no room for them. He should have initially addressed those people instead of lumping everyone in to two groups, real and fake.

What bothers me is the "real job" comment. To me, that's an insult to every fan that contributes to his paycheck by buying his jersey and paying for tickets.

This is what happens when you're in the spotlight and available 24/7 through social media sites. If you're going to make yourself available and speak your mind, you need to expect to hear it from the morons who think they need to give you input.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Don't get me wrong, I hate ESPN most of the time. Those guys never know what they are talking about. :ha:

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Absolutely agree but then we get to the point of him never knowing your personal frustration ever occurred. In most cases that is.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think VY wearing number 9 is insulting to McNair's on the field play in my opinion.

But I do admit, Vince looks great in any other color aside from blue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar