The Official Chris Johnson Holdout Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 24, Jul 27, 2011.

?
  1. Pay him top playmaker money.

11.8%
  2. Make him the highest-paid RB.

66.2%
  3. Give him an increase to the put him among the top 5 RBs.

15.4%
  4. Make him honor his current contract or trade him.

6.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

if your going into this season thinking CJ is the reason why we will win any games and if you dont think we can win without him, then you need to wrap up your season now.

CJ is not a QB or a defense, this isnt a 1 man team.

2. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

I think If CJ doesn't play, teams don't fear our run game until Ringer and Harper make an impression. They key in on Hasselbeck and totally take away our passing game, because they don't fear the possibility of a breakaway run.

So if CJ doesn't play, it does lessen our chances to win.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Ringer had some success... but that's basically players easing up on the line when they saw him in the backfield instead of CJ... (i think at one point Ringer had more yards avg. than CJ)

But again... CJ is important to Hasselbeck and Locker... he makes it easier for them to throw it since they will be stacking the box... keyword... EASIER...
    it's still possible to win without him... but the chances go down...

I'm all for signing CJ and all, but to throw so much money his way scares me.... it's a long season.. you never know what will happen

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Lets see....he made $800K last year, plus a below market bonus. How, exactly, is that hindering the team from signing other players?

We should pay him what he is worth...for no more than a 4 year deal IMO.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

plus his original signing bouns.

This year he is due his agreed upon base salary, plus portions of 2 signing bonuses - that he has already recieved.

get into camp and have your agent talk to the Titan FO, its no more complicated than that.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

One of the most improtant lessons my dad taught me...

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate for"

Apparently pops was right.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

'the Diva' negotiated for a $4m roster bonus going into the 2011 season - just sayin'

plus CJ has already negotiated his pay for 2011 - TWICE!

8. CheeseheadTitan

Trying to compare his situation to other positions is just wrong. RBs have a very short shelf life. If he were at another position (such as QB), I would agree that he should just honor the contract and move on. But, as a RB your best years are the first five.

Last year he did the "right thing", came into camp and received a below market bonus, then took alot of shots because of a mediocre OL. That probably woke him up to his own football "mortality", which is probably causing the change in tactics here.

If he comes into camp, he loses alot of his leverage IMO. FO needs to get the contract done so he can get into camp.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

the contract is done

10. CheeseheadTitan

Understand, but you know what I mean....they need to pay the man what he is worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar