The Non-Event

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by avvie, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'm giving a resounding "NO!" to The Event. I will no longer put up with this kind of pointless dialogue:

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "I have to get in this door!"
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "No, really, it's not what you think!..."
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "You don't understand!"
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "Look, you can arrest me all you want when we get on the ground again."
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "Don't you see?... there's treachery afoot!"
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "You know, treachery like the kind that's usually in B-grade detective stories."
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "And then everyone gets all confused because there's the good guy who's kinda like a red herring."
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "Well, see, that's ME.. I'm like the red herring."
    "PUT THE GUN DOWN!"
    "So if you'll just let me go about my business instead of making me stand here and blabber on and on without ever telling you the importance or purpose of my actions and why it could be somewhat misleading to the casual bystander all will be right with the world by the end of this episode and the producers wouldn't have to pay you scale for contributing dialogue."
    "Oh, okay then".
    "See, I probably could have gained your help and trust a whole lot sooner if I had just said 'the plane is being hijacked by an impostor pilot named Mike' but I think my time was better spent trying to implore you to listen to me when there's obviously no reason for you to."
    "Um, right. Okay. Do you still have that gun we were talking about?"
    "Can you imagine?... Here it is in 2010 and I have the ins on a conspiracy but didn't bother to think that there might be an air marshall on board?... wow, silly me, because everybody else in America knows. Should I have called for help from you first?"

I am absolutely sick to death of this type of exchange, and all of Hollywood seems to be unable to create any plot that doesn't revolve around horrible communication skills as the central plot device.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Network TV shoots and misses again!
    The premier of Boardwalk Empire was nice though.. Looks smart and I suspect it will go places..

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If you want good dialogue, watch mad men. This season is the best so far.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I missed the Event, mainly because they kept saying it would fill the void LOST left. Sorry, those tactics don't work on me. However, I am really getting into Rubicon. And Avvie, there is none of that kind of dialogue on Rubicon. Barely any dialogue at all now that I think about it.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

You really think so?

I think its better than the 3rd season but no where close to 1 and 2.

I watched Boardwalk Empire and I was underwhelmed...kind of odd. I love Scorsese and the mob, maybe it will pick up.

I HATED The Pacific, which I had stellar hopes for...

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Boardwalk did what I hope it would do in just laying some groundwork, kinda letting you know who's who and who's against who. The polar opposite of True Blood which poorly attempts to have an entire season's worth of high's n lows in each and every episode. Stephen "This is England" Graham is poised to deliver as Capone.. and I like that Nucky isn't quite sold on being a full blood gangster - at least not yet..

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar