The NFL labor agreement thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emong

emong Rookie

March 4 is a month from yesterday. Things need to happen fast. I think things actually would happen fast after the SB

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

3. emong

emong Rookie

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see this thing being settled before mid-August just because the players would probably love not having to do OTAs, off-season workouts and the first couple of weeks of training camp.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Not good, but not surprising. I still think that a component of Munchak being chosen is related to what the FO thought on chances of early resolution after the initial meetings on SB weekend.

I do not see this getting settled by March 4....

7. emong

emong Rookie

I thought I heard Sportscenter reporting that we might have a 9 or 10 game season, yikes!

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll be surprised if this is resolved prior to September. I really thinking we are looking at a scab player season or a shortened season.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The ruling that the NFL gets to keep the TV money in the event of a shortened season is very misleading. Yes, they get paid, but when the actual games resume, the money is counted as money already paid, meaning that they don't get paid in the future. So if actual games are missed, the owners do end up losing a massive amount of money, just not until the next year.

Neither side wants it to get down to missing actual games, the question is just how close to get. August would be a good time to get it done, but some significant damage will be done in the mean time. If it isn't done by March 4 or a few days after, then it won't be done until late july at the earliest.

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Lockout not strike; can't do scab players

if the owners lock out some of the players, they lock out all of them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar