The NFL doesn't have the right.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by EZpickin, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

to condemn Hayesworth for his repulsive actions... This post isn't condoning what Hayesworth did just a thought...
    Lets be honest about the present state of football; actually most sports in general. These aren't the good ole days folks it's time to stop pretending like it is..The NFL is riddled with thugs, punks, drug addicts,drunks, wife beaters, etc..... as is the society we live in...
    how can the NFL say that they do not condone the actions by players that do these unbelieveable things...
    Micheal irving a coke/Crack addict has been busted more times then the Gatti family how did the NFL show him that wasn't acceptable?? They hired him as a sportscaster..
    Bill romanowski- on 60 mins not two months ago admitted he was trying to end peoples carreers, breaking fingers in the dog pile, taking banned substances.. Admiting to trying to kill everyone on the field he could.. also hired as a sports analyst
    Micheal Vick- busted with a crack pipe after being pulled over-still playing
    ray lewis- suspected of stabbing a guy in a bar or being an accomplice- still playing
    the list goes on and on, the point is.. you can't throw garbage into a pile and expect it to turn into gold..Garbage in, garbage out.. It sucks but it's a reality.. although what hayesworth did is unbelieveable, it's not the first or last time we'll hear or see something of this nature... He lost his mind, he's going to pay the price and everyone will move on.. but until the NFL, recruiters, agents, coaches, college coaches, college campus's, etc get some ethics and character the players THEY produce wont have them either...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

reading that made me hurt inside.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

keep in mind that there is a new commissioner who may be trying to right the ship

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

And you just hit the tip of the iceberg EZ. It's a dirty league, but we live in a dirty world.

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I would suspect the league has probably had the same percentage of deviants over time.......just there was less media or a friendlier media covering it.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

thank you

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Haynesworth was very possibly close to ending that guy's career. You tell me what 370 pounds on top of a spiked shoe could have done to his skull if he had been bumped or lost his balance and put all his weight on the guys face.

He is lucky he is not suspended for the year, and he is VERY lucky he did not do more damage than that.

I could care less what other people are doing....he got what he deserved....and actually I think is lucky he is playing at all the rest of the year.

8. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Guest

I didn't realize everything that happened until I got back to the hotel.. I don't get it, why did he do it? Why is he not suspended for the whole season?

9. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

being suspended five games and losing roughly 500,000 dollars is a record setting suspension and it is well deserved it can't take it back, it was inconceivibly wrong.. what was the penalty on Romo when he shattered that his teamates eye socket and ENDED His career??

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Haynesworth has anger management issues. He's had them his whole career.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar