The New York Yankees

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ColtKiller, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Oh so now we're going to blame NY for trading for players too? How DARE they have good young prospects to trade for established players! Buying AND trading for a championship, is there no end to the New York Yankees greed?!

And I promise you, NY will not at all pursue Josh Hamilton in a trade.

2. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

It means just because you've spent so much money doesn't mean diddly squat. You looked clearly inferior to a team with a third of your payroll. Washington Redskins syndrome. Great it worked last year. Once in the last 10 years ain't exactly 'success' considering the amount of money you spend year in and year out.

It's simple mathematics. The more money you can spend, the more talent you can acquire. But what happens with Yankees more often and not is that you end up paying for has-beens. See A-fraud, see Texeira, see A.J. Burnett.
    Most teams can't AFFORD to shrug off those those kind of contracts. To the yankees it means nothing. They will go out and spend more in the off-season. It's an unfair advantage. Other teams have to be careful on when they spend their money on or their roster is hamstrung by tying up so much money to one player. The yankees can go shopping sprees every off-season without even blinking.

The Yankees may offer the rangers their whole minor league system, and the Rangers still say no. Josh is untouchable.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

A Rod and Teixeira are has beens? That may be the dumbest thing I've ever read, and I read a lot of Deuce's posts.

And how is more money an unfair advantage? Why doesn't NY win every year then? Why do other wealthy teams not even make the playoffs? I asked a lot of questions in the post you quoted and all you managed to do was call two 100+ RBI guys has beens.

lol Has beens. And I thought Deuce didn't know jack about baseball. Wow.

4. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

Misleading. How many of the '25' are:

a) regular contributors
    b) your best players

Off the top of my head I can think of: Rivera, Jeter, Cano, Posada, Petite and Hughes.

3 of 9 starters in the field
    2 of 5 starting pitchers.

Not a great ratio in favor of the homegrown 'yankees' nonsense.

5. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

They were MIA in the ALCS last I saw. You know its bad when Ranger fans were sad that Texeira got injured--because he sucked so bad.

You clearly can't discuss objectively. I see this is just a waste of time.

6. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

yeah because they will get laughed at

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

See that's the problem "off the top of your head" doesn't present a good argument. As I said this was 2009 the year they won the world series and the homegrown talent on the team in addition to the people you mentioned are: Phil Coke, David Robertson, Alfredo Aceves, Joba Chamberlain, Francisco Cervelli, Brett Gardner, and Melky Cabrera. That number STILL led the AL in homegrown players, numbers don't lie, your argument is the only nonsense in this thread.

Oh so they MUST be has beens if they didn't have a good playoff series. Man they should retire because they CLEARLY can't cut it anymore. I mean so what if they had 100+ RBI in the regular season, they didn't do well in the ALCS, they are has beens, busts and even though they won last year, they are bad signings.

Hilarious. You're going to talk about being objective? You called 2 of our best offensive players "has beens" because they had a bad ALCS. Hell you can't even spell Andy Pettitte and Mark Teixeira's names correctly. But you're right about one thing, this is a waste of time. Please read "Baseball for Dummies" than get back to me.

8. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

You keep going back to 2009 because you don't have a 'current' argument. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, I never claimed that A-fraud/Tex weren't good players. Just not worth the money they are paid. If I was a Yankee fan, I would be ashamed.

Google "has been", thanks. And a 'straw man argument' and a 'red herring'. Ah hell, just google logical fallacies. That will help us all. Thanks in advance!

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

In 2009 we had 13 homegrown players on the roster, in 2010 we had 11 and that's ignoring Ivan Nova who we called up in August and will be in the rotation next year. So yea a whole 2 less players, what a huge difference.

Well considering they were key contributors in to last years world series and this year in making the playoffs I have no idea why anyone would be ashamed. Sounds like more haterade nonsense from you to be quite honest.

Google, "I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to baseball." I'm sure your posts will be the first result. Thanks.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Uhhh... last I checked Mark Teixeira was the best switch hitter in baseball, top 5 first baseman, golden glove fielder, and a perennial stud. And didn't ARod hit over 125 RBI this year? Give me a break clown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar