The NBA needs more defenders like Avery Bradley

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Avery Bradley aka "The Pest" reminds me of Scottie Pippen in a PG body on defense. We need more basketball players like him, people that aren't too lazy or scared to pressure the ball handler. People that have the technique to do it without fouling.

Even if Bradley doesn't strip you, he disrupts an offensive flow so much, so many times I've seen an offense have only about 8 seconds to actually run their play because of Bradley and his annoying defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Here's the problem with that idea...

1. If he played for any team but the Celtics, he'd be fouled out every game.

2. The NBA would have more defenders like this IF the NBA allowed players to play defense. It's not a players problem- it's a rules problem. NBA wants high scores so they blow the whistle any time anyone attempts to play defense.

3. He does little else. Exerts all his energy playing defense because that's really all he brings to the table. Other players have to conserve to be effective on the other end also.

I like his style though. That's how I've always done. Make people give up their dribble as soon as they hit the hash.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I was always an above to solid ball handler for a guard (didn't have a lot of fancy moves but I was able to navigate well while dribbling, think Steve Nash) and I was very good at getting to the lane, so most defenders didn't play me full court, however whenever I would play against really good competition, they would full pressure me at first but I usually had more bulk than the opposing PG so whenever I started lowering my shoulder into them, they'd stop reaching as much. Throughout the game, it would become an unspoken truth between me and my defender, "you don't reach and I won't drive my shoulder into your chest"...kind of a cheap tactic but hey, I gotta do what I gotta do. Not sure if you would have agreed to that though if you were guarding me. :)

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

haha probably not. I was typically smallest on the floor, but quickest so I'd be be annoying with D.

Way more laid back on O though. I was fancy but would only do it subtly to show I could if I wanted. Jason Williams (white) fan growing up, so yeah...

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

DW pretty much nailed it with his first post.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Rondo and Bradley finna be a nasty duo for years to come. But agreed, the NBA is awful right now, no balance with talent. Awful officiating. Floppers. ***** "superstars". It's a shame, I enjoy a good basketball game as much as the next guy, but I end up turning off 90% of games because it's not even competitive due to officiating. I miss the days of of gritty basketball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar