The Nate Clements Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

wow if Pac can make it rain with ~80k, this dude can make it tsunami :rolleyes:

2. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Bud must have told this new GM not to go spending his money this offseason. If Hill is out starting corner again, then it's going to be a long season again.

3. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

Nate would have been good....but he is by no means the Best Defensive Player in the NFL....but he is now paid more than any other defensive player in the NFL. Once the Titans found out what kind of money there were looking at; they bowed out quickly. I am glad that they did; Clements is not worth that kind of money. SF will have serious cap issues in the near future making that kind of deal.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

80 million is just stupid, i hope he breaks his leg or somethin, he ends up never living up to the 80 million, and the 49ers are demolished by the cap hit if they cut him, i see no reason why someone like him is worth 80 million, i can only imagine what champ would go for is he were a FA, with his contracct, you prolli couldnt get 50 other players at league minimum to fit under a cap

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

come on man, don't you think that's a little harsh? I kinda hope he does well every season but nobody else on the team can do anything, so he gets his great stats, but no playoff appearances, I think that would be the perfect justice :grrhee:

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Ha ha! The niners are such huge suckers! What a huge contract for a not-so-elite back. Thank god we didn't get involved in that. I trust Fish and the crew to keep our team moving in the RIGHT direction. Spending 7+ million a year for a corner like Clements would have been one of the biggest mistakes this young up and coming team could have made. SHOW ME NICK HARPER!

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yay!

:sarcasm:

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

They probably won't keep him for more than 2 or 3 years, and will either re-structure his contract or trade him away when he gets too expensive. I doubt he'll really see the $80mil.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Even if they only keep him for 3-4 years he will see 23 MILLION guaranteed! Bonuses, salary ect 3-4 years he will see upwards of 40 million anyways, overspending, that is the definition of a reach.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wanting someone to get hurt because they signed a big contract or didn't come here is quite bitter and pathetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar