The Nate Clements Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

No Clements Now What??

Now that Clements is off the market, where does everyone think we should go from here?
    I would like to see us resign Drew and bring in another veteran reciever.

Go after Kerney and if not lets get Kevin Carter back in the fold.

There isnt a whole lot left out there unless we get into the trade game. I have seen alot or rumors here and other places about Jonathan Vilma being on the trade block. I would love to see him brought in here to solidy our line backing corps.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the next best corner on the market is nick harper :(

im just looking forward to the draft now, since we apparently dont feel like spending any money.

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

So we pass up on one free agent who is going to be paid way more than he is worth and we don't feel like spending any money. It is day one of free agency for crying out loud! How about just a bit a patience.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

That kind of spending puts you right back on track for Cap jail. I belive the only other signing bonus that was more than this $23 Mill was what Manning, the top player in the game right now.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

new salary cap, though...you cannot compare past signings to this year b/c the cap is bloated from what it has ever been in the past...and the new rules for pro-rating signing bonuses make it even larger than what it is...

free agency this year and beyond (until the next cba agreement) is a whole different creature...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would not spend on clements because there goes all of our money, but that said, what you come to realize after being around long enuff, is that in 3 years, Clements will look like a bargain. A team should never be afraid to spend. I just think that this time he is not worth it. We should just wait until next year to spend our money.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:thumb:

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Manning $34 Mill,Brady $26.5 Mill

9. There Goes Are Chance For Clement,signed To 49ners

8 YEARS 80 MILLION $22 MIL GUARANTEED wow!!

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar