The "movie recommendations for me" thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeronimoJackson, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yes, I made a thread for myself, sue me.

So I've been planning to see "City of God" for some time now, was gonna watch it last week but when you just get done watching something like "Grave of the Fireflies", you kinda want to first laugh before popping in another movie that's (supposedly) depressing lol.

I mainly been putting it off because I've been seeing a crap load of "MASTERPIECE" or "ONE OF THE BEST FILMS EVER MADE", and that makes me go "uh-oh" whenever a movie gets that kind of hype. Because overhyped and incredibly overrated "classics" that have a certain following (i.e American Beauty, anything by the Coen brothers), have a fanbase that includes a big chunk of faux love due to people that are afraid of having an opinion.

Since I mentioned "American Beauty", I thought it was just a solid to goodish film, but "Poetic Masterpiece?" Because there was a scene of a underage chick covered in roses, because of that corny scene with the "dancing" garbage bag lol? AB is the perfect example of a film that was viewed by too many teens that weren't exposed to a lot other than your typical hollywood stuff, and suddenly they get introduced to a movie with a few motifs and they bust a nut.

So if you have a genuine opinion on "City of God", feel free to let me know what you thought of it. In the meantime, I'm gonna watch this Korean movie first, called "Oldboy", which looks pretty interesting.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I still need to see City of God as well.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oldboy and City of God are both worthy of driving straight home to watch...

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And if you just want good movie recommendations, just about every flick discussed in the "3 Clues" thread is outstanding..

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Alright, but it also depends on the mood or it'll come down to 2 or 3 choices, which is why I made this thread.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Watch all of the following director's films:

Stanley Kubrick
    Alfred Hitch
    Martin Scrosese
    David Lynch
    Paul Thomas Anderson

That should keep you busy for months...then come back here and i'll suggest more.

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Don't know how old you are, but "Grown Ups" by Adam Sandler is a nice comedy break. Kinda like watching Animal House, where the 4th time is even funnier.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

WHAT????

I'm a Sandler fan... but that movie looked horrible.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

That movie was an abysmal piece of sub human shiite.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Well this thread is off to a great start :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar