The loyalty of the Titan's organization

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I just thought I would comment after reading about Cromartie being on the block and the surprising amount of people shredding him. The guy is still a playmaker, he makes a lot of big plays, has breakaway speed, and has defensive swagger. I go to FSU and my tattoo artist did work for him and said yes he is a childish dickhead who drives a lambo and now thinks he is better than everyone. So character would be a concern, i guess the real question is do you go for a guy like this or stick with rookies and watching Andre Johnson pick on the Titans secondary twice a year and make our DBS look like crying bumbling freshman vs the varsity squad.

ANYWAY. Sorry about the tangent.

Its so surprising on the forum how people say, " well this guy doesn't fit the Titan's system," or "the Titan's would never do that." Well ive put my loyalty in the Titans since theyve became the Titans and have endured PLENTY of overhaul, heartbreaking loss, and little (head) coaching overall. The Titans have done all kinds of things that just come off as shockers, settling for middle round receivers and need positions and hoping they pan out (Tyrone Calico), and gee when we finally do invest our 1st rounds in playmakers we get Kenny Britt( beast) Chris Johnson (beast) and Pac-Man ( athletically a total beast and would have been an epic player but isn't exactly the best decision maker and couldn't stay out of trouble. Im sure we'll let a lot of our guys go this year WHICH IS MAINLY FINE but we will probably just fill in a no name or a rookie and wait a couple years for them to mature and then happy trails when they ask to be compensated (leboy Odom, countless others...Chris Johnson in a couple years???)

The Titans need to reach out and spend this year in free agency. I think the offense is finally solid enough. We need a REAL return man (Cribbs cough cough), not our 1st round receiver and future returning kickoffs. We need a REAL second Corner(cromartie any other playmaker cough cough), and a real DE (peppers cough cough). Again im not suggesting that these would work out perfectly but I wish the Titans would just bring in marquee players and not other teams second and third stringers and "coach them up"

I think my time as a Titan's fan will take a major dent and make it tough to root for this team anymore, and trust me Im as passionate as anyone even if my post isn't as high on this site :wink2: (to all the members are here who posts TONS of stuff and use seniority as a basis for a football message board.)

1.We let Keith Bulluck go. He has been a Titan since his career started. The guy has been our go too linebacker for years. He has a been a classy leader for this team, the organization, the city, and most importantly HE IS THE DEFENSIVE LEADER. He deserves to be paid like one. I know he got injured badly, I know he is thirty now, but Im sorry but on this one I feel like a little loyalty sent back sometimes would be better then letting him sign with the Ravens ( Mason, Rolle, Mcnair). WE WOULDNT LET STEVE MCNAIR USE THE WEIGHT ROOM! I mean cmon, this guy lead us to a superbowl, an MVP left everything on the field in this was a disgusting way for the organization and management to treat him. Eddie George...another Titan's legend. Faded hard at the end but we made it SUCH AN ISSUE to keep him aboard. Again loyalty. But I accepted those as natural transgressions in football management. Haynesworth wasn't loyal to us in my mind and just wanted to get paid, Sorry Albert I hope I get to read ESPN articles about you bit ching about the redskins sucking. Is that a shocker? You thought they would be amazing when you arrived? really?

So I just hope the Titans finally stand up and do the right thing with Bullock and not force the fans through yet another year of unproven faces in a key position which could easily be avoided.

2. Chris Johnson- unlimited upside, all time total yards past scrimmage leader. He doesn't get hurt in first half of Ravens Titans playoff game WE GET REMATCH WITH PITTSBURGH. When his contract is up HE NEEDS TO BE PAID LIKE A PREMIERE BACK not the amount hes getting which doesn't stack up against a ton of underachieving rookies ( Jamarcus Russell anyone?) or RBS in this league.

Thank You. Sorry for the Rambling. Go Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

When you look at the consistently winning programs in the NFL, you usually see a system at work. Those teams draft a certain kind of player they feel best suits that system. The Titans are no different. They are going to find a CB who is solid in the zone, can play some man but will, #1, support the run.

I'm not saying that is necessarily the right direction but I don't see any changes as long a Fisher is the coach.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

4. The Titans are pretty loyal vs other NFL teams. But it's a business. And players are just as likely to leave for more money when they become free agents as the teams are likely to let them go.

Hell, I remember when Mason and Rolle refused to renegotiate their contracts (to help the cap situation) until the team renegotiated Eddie George's contract. Because of that, they couldn't franchise Jevon Kearse (who then left to get a bigger paycheck).

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we waited to renew CJ's contract until it was up, he'd be pissed, and it would be 2013.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What should we do about Bulluck and Johnson? Why don't you ask your tattoo artist! (Just taking a cheap shot, sorry!)
    I do have to agree on the loyalty thing, this is a business not like any other business out there. Loyalty goes out the window when you start lossing games. If the player ages or losses a step, he, and everyone else out there, knows that he can/will be replaced with someone younger and stronger. Keith replaced someone on the roster, and someone will replace Keith. That's the business.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Great post cdubbs, I'm with you on all of the above. KB deserves to retire as a Titan not just for what he's done for the organization but to make good on the way Steve and Eddie were ousted.

Cribbs would give us great field position which would give our O an huge boost. Peppers would open up everything for every other position on D just like Albert did, maybe even more. Add Cromartie into that and we're in perfect shape to make a serious Super Bowl run.

Now will any of this actually happen? Based on Titans history and track record, hell to the MF no. It sucks but that's just they way these good ole boys do things around here.

I hope I'm wrong and this all comes to fruition, but it's likely not gonna happen.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How do you reach that conclusion?

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Man you could have said "is non existant" and saved yourself some carpal tunnel :)

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We brought in Matt Jones.

Cromartie's character doesn't really match up with him, so I wouldn't say the Titans wouldn't go for him.

BUT he isn't old and wont be cheap- therefore he's not a Titans type guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar