The Iron Man 3 twist (SPOILERS) SPOILERS SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

TDKR >>>> Iron Man 3

Batman dropped the bomb about 6 miles from the city I believe, and who said no one was affected in the aftermath? Did you want a montage scene after the credits showing the people that got sick from radiation ala Hiroshima with some sad piano piece playing?

And I know you didn't just insinuate that Guy Pierce was a better villain than Tom Hardy/Bane...

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

DC has one chance to redeem themselves this year...Man of Steel. I think it's going to be awesome beyond belief because the trailer gave me the goosebumps when I was there to watch IM3. That's it though, if it sucks, there is no hope for the JLA movie.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's weird

DC do epic animated movies/tv shows (Batman - Animated Series, Green Lantern, Arrow, Smallville etc) but crappy movies (minus Batman)

Marvel do awesome movies but some pretty average tv shows/animated movies (though I am loving Ultimate Spider-man, it's pretty funny).

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No. I insinuated that guy Pierce was better than Marion cottilard.

And taking an a bomb a little outside the city is not saving the city. The new batman movies took themselves so seriously that it opens them up to these criticisms.

Don't even pretend that the movie makers even considered the most harmful part of the A bomb: the fallout. They should have had him defuse it instead of making one of the most mind bogglingly stupid endings ever. But yes, the movie was still entertaining. And in a staunch movie critic way, it's a much better movie. But you know which one i enjoyed more.

If they were going for realism, it should have been: Bruce Wayne retired as batman because he failed to save Gotham from becoming a nuclear wasteland on par with Chernobyl or Hiroshima.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

- Considering she was in the movie as a villain for about 5 minutes, it's not too hard to outshine her...she was great before she became Talia. Still doesn't change that Guy Pierce sucked. Bane was actually a badazz that people will recite and remember, everyone forgot Pierce was even in the movie 5 minutes after he died. Bane actually had intelligent lines, Pierce was your lame Disney "bawahahhahaha, take over the world" villain, I'm surprised they didn't give him a cat.

Even if IM3 was supposed to be silly and unrealistic, there are still limits before it goes from dumb fun to dumb dumb...LOL when Pierce started breathing fire.

And dude, The Dark Knight isn't supposed to be 100 percent realistic, it's just supposed to a comic book movie for adults. And with that, it'll naturally be more realistic than your typical comic book movie.

"And taking an a bomb a little outside the city is not saving the city.

Don't even pretend that the movie makers even considered the most harmful part of the A bomb: the fallout. They should have had him defuse it instead of making one of the most mind bogglingly stupid endings ever."

1. He did save the city, not letting 12 million people perish > fallout. This isn't IM3 or Spiderman where every civilian is immune to death.

2. Defuse it? Were you wanting Batman to decide whether to cut the red wire or blue wire as the ending lol?

Your ending is Batman brings the bomb, with ample time, to his lair, gives it to Fox, Fox takes out his toolbox, bomb defused, Batman comes out to a standing ovation, roll credits...yeah, sound pretty weak when it's laid out in front of you. The ending was perfect...Batman, while a superhero, was still human...a lonely and vulnerable human who did something that we all have done...get screwed over by a girl. Then the "you either die a hero or see yourself become the villain" parallel came into effect, he saves a whole city, everyone thinks he's dead, Batman is then loved by everyone, Bruce finally gets to live a normal life, and the last shot of "Robin" finding the Batcave was the perfect shot because the "a hero can be anyone, even someone that does something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders..." parallel came into effect. Batman was a symbol, not a person.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

uploadfromtaptalk1368632204906.jpg

Bothered me the entire movie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nickmsmith

lol.

But the movie would have been ruined if they did come.. It would have become Avengers 1.5.

and that TV show will be terrible.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mandarin went from lame to more lame. Kingsley doing a weird backwoods American accent for an "anti American" character was stupid as well.

but the movie was pretty good. Minus the Mandarin, minus the kid stuff, and Pepper.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I agree with almost all of that... but... Smallville was good for about 2-3 seasons. Then... it SUCKED HARD.

10. nickmsmith

in case you were wondering if smallville sucks: here's proof: HAWKMAN
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar