The Inspirational Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah that's basically what the vet was saying. Just have to be super vigilant in checking for new growths and whatnot. Still hate for her to be dealing with that at such a young age though. Vet was saying we could either go ahead and remove the growth or just watch it for bit and see if it starts to go down (which if I understood correctly would be the case if benign). Said she wasn't too concerned with putting her under since she's still young and otherwise healthy, but of course there's always that chance. My wife and I are trying to decide which route we want to go. Don't want to wait too long though.

As for these products, are these something you have to give daily to have the desired effect? And do you have a store or is it online only?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We feed them fairly well I think... Earthborn Holistic brand. They don't get junk treats or table scraps or anything like that. They get plenty of exercise as well.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Did the vet extract fluids from the lesion to confirm mast cells?
    If they are present you gotta get that removed.
    Daily use of those items will yield the best result but at least a couple of times a week is recommended.
    We do have a walk in office in Cool Springs. Is it you or Scarecrow that's in Franklin? Other places sell it (maybe even your vet).
    What species and who's your vet?

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Gonna PM you so as to not clutter up this "inspirational" thread lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Boxers are made to tear **** up....very athletically of course.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

"In 1968, after the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the country in turmoil and divided, a school teacher, Harriet Glickman, wrote to famed "Peanuts" cartoonist Charles Schulz and presented a simple idea to try to bring the country together.

Charles Schulz did not have to respond to her letter, he could have just completely ignored it, and everyone would have forgotten about it. But, Schulz did take the time to respond, saying he was intrigued with the idea, but felt that it may sound condescending to people of color.

The link below shows a series of letters between the two, where they discussed how to introduce a black character to the Peanuts group and how it would be taken. Schulz took the time to respond to each letter, and, although hesitant at first, finally sent a letter back to Glickman asking her to check the cartoon on a certain date.

On that date, the cartoon, as created by Schulz, shows Charlie Brown meeting a new character, named Franklin. Other than his color, Franklin was just an ordinary kid who befriends and helps Charlie Brown. Franklin also mentions that his father was "over at Vietnam." At the end of the series, which lasted three strips, Charlie invites Franklin to spend the night one day so they can continue their friendship.

There was no big announcement, there was no big deal, it was just a natural conversation between two kids, whose obvious differences did not matter to them. And, the fact that Franklin's father was fighting for this country was also a very strong statement by Schulz.

Although Schulz never made a big deal over the inclusion of Franklin, there were many fans, especially in the South, who were very upset by it and that made national news. One Southern editor even said, “I don’t mind you having a black character, but please don’t show them in school together.”

It would eventually lead to a conversation between Schulz and the president of the comic's distribution company, who was concerned about the introduction of Franklin and how it might affect Schulz' popularity. Many newspapers during that time had threatened to cut the strip.

Schulz' response: "I remember telling Larry at the time about Franklin -- he wanted me to change it, and we talked about it for a long while on the phone, and I finally sighed and said, "Well, Larry, let's put it this way: Either you print it just the way I draw it or I quit. How's that?"

Eventually, Franklin became a regular character in the comic strips, and, despite complaints, Franklin would be shown sitting in front of Peppermint Patty at school and playing center field on her baseball team. Franklin would make his first animated appearance in the 1973 special "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving." Another African-American character, Milo, would also later appear in the cartoon strip."

9. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar