The Great: JOE WEBB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't put much stock into pre-game analysis. It is their job to find a way to hype the game, and they didn't really say anything that wasn't true. Focus AP, running ability, different game plan, etc.

If you watch the Saturday noon ESPN games, no matter how terrible the matchup is, somone picks the underdog every time.

"10-0 Ohio versus 1-9 Minnesota, who do you got?"
    "OHIO STATE"
    "OHIO STATE"
    "THE Ohio State"
    *sigh* I think this *pause, stares at desk* could be a really good game and Minnesota will pull off the upset. *sigh*

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

and some of us are stronger than Keith Bulluck.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's poor analysis! The packers scored 34 points against the Vikings just a week before and only an idiot would think some green kid who had done nothing all year could bebop his way to that many points.

I don't know if this poor analysis was motivated by hype, race, culture or style but it was piss poor.

And why would anybody have to hype the game as exciting as the last game between the 2 teams was a week earlier.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think it was a network ploy to garner attention to an already bad situation. How many People would have tuned in if the announcers were like..." Lets get ready to watch a lynching! Joe Webb!!?? Who?? No CHANCE!!! HA HA HA! "... Lol they tried to keep some interest in it and talk up a no body. All about $$$

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

What? lol

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It certainly helped them that Joe Webb upset the Eagles on Monday night football a few years ago when they were actually good. Of course it was a meaningless game but hey, i'm sure it helped them hype him up. I personally didn't think he would do anything amazing but I though he'd be better than that.

7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Don't you mean what we did to lattimore? Wasn't manuel the qb not ponder?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2010 chick fil a bowl Atlanta dec 31st vs South Carolina. Ponder got knocked out of the game after about 2 pass attempts. Manuel came in and won the game for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar