The Good, The Bad...The Ugly (Titans @ Steelers)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

The Good.
    Many people said Kerry Collins wouldn't be as good as last year, but he is proving them wrong. Kerry Collins finished 22/35 for 244 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT.

Justin Gage has developed into a great receiver for this team. He caught 7 passes for 78 yards with 1 TD.

Kenny Britt had a big night for his NFL debut. 4 catches for 85 yards with his longest being 57 yards that set up the TD in the 2nd.

The running game was good, but not great. Chris Johnson had 15 carries for 57 yards with Lendale having 8 for 28.

Our run defense. Even though the Steelers running back aren't that great, it's always nice to hold a team to 38 yards rushing.

We sacked Big Ben 4 times and forced him into throwing two interceptions.

We racked up 320 yards on the number one defense.

The Bad.
    We didn't win.

Collins interception. I would've liked to see Britt try and fight for the ball, or knock it down at least.

Scaife's fumble. It was just a weird play in general.

Field position. We were backed up at our goal line the entire game.

The Ugly.
    One missed field goal and another blocked. Come on!

David Stewart. What the hell man?! Every time we got a 1st down, it was called back because of a penalty by him.

The defensive play calling. I was one of the guys who thought Cecil would be a huge improvement over Jim. We looked great in the 1st Quarter when the Steelers had -2 yards of offense. But during the two minute warning and the entire 3rd, 4th, and OT we were rushing 3 guys and letting Ben set back in the pocket for a decade to find a receiver. Ben had a career high in passing against us. Which is un-funking acceptable! Cecil needs to get his crap together before he gets run out of town.

Here's a stat thanks to Paul Kuharsky:
    When the Titans added pressure Ben was 6/8 for 43 yards. When the Titans rushed with four, he was 27/35 for 320 yards.

Blown opportunities! Every sports analyst said we would've won the game if we didn't make mistakes.

All in all, this game left a bad taste in my mouth, just like the Ravens game last year.

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I would've liked to have seen Collins throw it to where it should have been thrown...at least.

Sorry but that INT is all Collins, especially since EVERY OTHER FREAKIN TIME he has made a long/deep pass, he's over thrown it. Every other time but last night. Way to pick that time to under throw it.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I agree with most everything, but that is the worst stat I've ever seen. So he hit 75% of his passes when we blitzed, and 77% when we didn't. So where's the advantage in blitzing?

4. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

^Look at it on average yards per completion for the two scenarios

7.2 with the blitz
    11.9 without the blitz.

huge difference. 7.2 still isn't a bad number by any means though. it surely helped him that most of the times we blitzed our corners were 7 yards off. pure ridiculousness

5. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

I think David Stewart was a big part of our loss!

Bironas hurt us with the one missed FG. I can't blame him TOO much for the blocked kick though.

Oh and the marshmallow defense we played in the 4th quarter.

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

justin gage is mediocre. he runs hook routes and get 0 yac. occasionally he makes a good catch

7. ThaITANS

ThaITANS Camp Fodder

David Stewart remind me @Raven game.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You have to wonder would we have even scored if Troy did not get hurt?

He was in on every play it seemed, 1 hand INT, nailing CJ behind the line , hitting the WR soon as he catches. He had the offense afraid to go down the field until he left the game. Dude is a freak.

We got new Weapons but we still playing the same football. Fisher acts like if we are backed up inside the 10 you have no options but to go 3 and out and punt. We are so predictable on play calling that it makes me cry. we suck at screens and play action.

I think our Biggest 3 issues this year is.

1. Not Blitzing enough, we dont have Haynesworth now and 4 guys cant do it.

2. Collins is only good when not under pressure, he doesnt pump fake enough to move defenders.

3. The play Calling is crap inside the 20 yard line.

9. rastamon

rastamon Camp Fodder

blitsing will be our key, as long as the corners play tighter our blitzes will be killer!

10. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Negative Nancy.

That's why Justin Gage is a possession receiver. We don't expect him to get YAC, but he helps move the chains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar