The future of Billy Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 19, 2006.

?
  1. His trade value would be high. Trade him.

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Re-sign him as the 2007 starter.

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Re-sign him as the 2007 backup to Young.

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. None of those, I would..................

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Yep...For Volek, this is his make or break year. To me that just adds a little more excitement to the season...Billy's not gonna wait this long for a chance, then lay down. We'll see the best he has to offer. He has said he doesn't think he will finish his career in Tennessee ( although he would like to ) With a great 06 season, he writes himself a big paycheck with another team...If he flops...That's probably it for him.

I'm not sure how it's gonna go, but it'll be interesting. For the Titans and for Volek, I hope he has a great year...with VY getting some play time too.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ya know the days of keeping your top draft pick making tons of money in 'program setup' mode for more than 2 years is a thing of the past.
    the whole Rivers / Brees scenario would have to be considered rare in these days

Steve started 6 games his 1st 2 years... there's no reason to believe that Vince won't do the same if not more
    As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think Billy's gonna run Chow's offense to as high of an octane as he did Heimy's. so, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vince get a start after a string of losses

the words you keep hearing is "Vince is gonna play when he's ready , and probably not before" typical Fish but it's probably best for Billy to struggle than Vince early on.

i have no doubt that Vince is ready by Camp '07
    I say he'll be our starting QB whether he's ready or not
    Hell, we might even see Vince get a start this year against favorable opponents regardless of Billy's production level

Billy's gonna have to pull off a Brees to keep Vince on the bench

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

one of the few ways Billy is actually on the roster next year is if he flops this year ... we won't cut him if he plays out his contract and there's no interest from the market

he'd be excellent insurance for Vince

but this is all irrelevant ... cause Billy's gonna kick @ss :chuck:

4. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I can see no reason why Billy doesn't do good this season. He has been studying the pro game from the sidelines and the field for 5-6 years now. Most of the times that he was called upon to sub Steve, he did either great or bad. He knows that he is the leader of the team. He has already worked harder than Steve would've this offseason if we would have kept him. And he vows to work even harder between now and kickoff. The question may indeed be this: What do you do if Volek makes it to the Pro Bowl? :makefun: :whoop: ( I heard someone yelling "longshot" in the back, swinging their arms)

5. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Well it wasn't me..I've watched him play "extremely impressive QB" Even John Madden on MNF against KC in 04 said Volek looked great...Questions are...Can he be consistant? Can he stay healthy?...Can he lead a team?
    I hope so...I like the guy...I like what I've seen from VY too.

( OK, now I'm hearing things...Is that " Torn Between Two Lovers" playing in the background ) I, like Lendale, AM NOT GAY :))

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I could have looked great aganst the Cheifs that year.

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I'll go back and check the tape, but best I can remember, Madden didn't say anything about you :)

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

"A crazed Australian is running onto the field! He's taking the ball from Billy Volek... and a 56 yard touchdown to DREW BENNETT! His 6th of the night... Whoever this guy is, he just put it up there, and trusted his receiver to come down with it, that's what a good QB has to do."

-John Madden, TN v KC, Dec. 2004

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Told ya I looked great. :brow:

I have GoTitans3891 evidence.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That game got out of hand. Man, that was a cold night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar