The first of many articles hammering Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

This whole game isnt on Manning your correct about that, they were clearly out coached and their offensive line sucked. His comments werent that far out, but you could tell he was trying to deflect blame, and even though he was right, thats more of a clubhouse issue than media issue. Much the same with Tiki's comments last week about being out coached. Tiki was right, but it can only cause friction by calling out your coaching stafff or teammates with the media only minutes after a playoff loss.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If Dungy didn't have enough faith/trust in Manning he would not have let him to do that.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I would say 22/38 for 290 yards and a TD was "decent" if not more than decent. The OL gave Manning no time to throw the ball and the Steelers shut down the Indy running game. Manning was also sacked 5 times in the game. Not too many QBs that have that much pressure on them are able to throw for almost 300 yards. Add in that the Indy defense spotted the Steelers 14 points and allowed the Steelers to control the clock with a 10 minute advantage in TOP Manning did well to get Indy back into the game. How about the false start on the 1 yard line after a nice Colt drive (96 yards) which ultimately resulted in the Colts only getting 3 points instead of 7 (James was stopped short on 3rd down). The Colts also had 9 penalties to the Steelers 2 (no doubt Manning's fault?). A couple of Mannings throws to Wayne were as good of throws as any QB can make.

Of course Starkiller also said McNair had a decent game in the Music City Miracle win after Mcnair was 13-24 for 76 yards, 1 INT, 0 TD.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

One, they converted that 4th down so I dont see how you criticize that, and 2, Manning didnt over ride Dungy, Dungy is the HC, its his call. If he didnt want to go for it then he should have got his QB off the field. But since it was a conversion anyway, I dont see how its even an issue.

5. Peyton Manning? or Peyton Marino?

Deal with it "Cry baby"...you will never win the big one or at least reach it!!

6. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

See, you give Manning all the credit for getting them back into the game. What about the OL then, and the receivers, or the liquored-up idiot kicker? That's what seems to be lacking in Indy. The team-first philosophy.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The talking heads can say all they want about Manning. After all they are the ones that make him God when he is winning games and the goat when they lose. Either way this loss was a team effort. The defense didn't do their part, the offense didn't do their part especially protecting Manning and the coaching staff was out coached.
    I guess the best thing Manning could do is to turn all of the play calling over to the coaches so he can be less effective but also take less of the blame when they lose. I'm not trying to defend Manning but in all honesty I don't know of any QB in the league who could have done much better in that game.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Uh, I saw the punt team coming out and Manning shooing them off. That overriding the coach in my book. And no player should be able to do that, I don't care how good or stuck up they are. And what if they didn't get it? I didn't say it was a stupid call did I? Quote me. My problem is the blatent disrespect he showed. :sad2:

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree. I don't get this "Manning lost the game again" vibe from everyone I speak to. That first article was completely scathing and made little sense (aka a typical hate article). He did have a very pourous start, no doubt. But the L wasn't on him alone. The problem is his attitude ("I want to be a teamplayer, but...") and just this blatent disrespect he seems to carry. He's a great player, but I just dislike him a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar