The FARLEYCAT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

If we scared an extra couple snaps or so will break
    Him we shouldn't have taken him. Let the freak freak it up.

2. Carp

Carp Starter

Again, you're talking about a position he hasn't played before. Adoree already had experience in college doing as a gadget player. So it made some sense trying his hand there in the NFL. it didn't work out that well and we stopped.

Why take the risk with Farley? There is little to suggest it would work out either. There is simply zero reason to try this out.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 520

What lol. He's literally one of the most prolific o players in high school history as a running qb which for him was like 3 years ago so to say he has no experience there is ridiculous. Obviously it's much different nfl and high school but the position is the same. Get the ball, run for a td.

4. 520

Besides the fact he was like the fastest recorded person in pads on the planet when he last played? I see no harm in putting a speedy big body in the backfield with Henry a play or two every now and then

5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I'm actually OK with them coming up with a wildcat package with like 3 plays out of it. Install something in camp, and have it available in a situation to just really mess with a team when you want to screw with a team like the Chiefs or Bills.

You wouldn't have to devote much or any time to it in practice after the install - NFL teams do this all the time where they install something in training camp and don't come back to it until week 8.

As for his injury risk, if he can't get tackled once or twice, he probably can't tackle anyone else and shouldn't be on the field. He's an extremely good athlete that's very comfortable carrying the ball - I don't see him getting lit up.

A trick package used just a few times is a very different thing than trying to use a player as a regular offensive weapon, learn route concepts, or return punts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

He was a QB. That is significantly different than a RB/WR gadget player.

7. Carp

Carp Starter

Being on the receiving end of a hit isn't the same as being the one delivering it. And the point is, you're putting extra punishment on his body. It's an unnecessary risk. Especially when he has zero experience in that sort of role.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Correct...QB in HS, intended to play WR in college but got injured, when he returned from injury he converted to CB...don't think he ever played WR

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

0 experience? He ran for over 2,500 yards in a single season in High School and went to college as a WR before switching to CB.

He's also not Adoree at 180lbs soaking wet.

Being tackled in a regular run play is a very different thing than being blasted on by someone running full speed on a punt return too.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

He ran for 2,500 yards as a QB. Not a RB. Zero experience as am actual WR in college.

I don't know what the 2nd part has to do with what I said. I'm not comparing him to Adoree. The point was, you said if he can't get tackled once or twice, he probably can't tackle anyone. You're missed the entire point. The point is, you're putting unnecessary risk on a guy that already has injury concerns and who isn't used to taking hits.

#20 Carp, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar