The Diesel Gets The Start In Opener Against Jax

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hopefully both LenDale and C. Brown will stay healthy and provide a solid 1 - 2 punch.
    Nothing will help Vince Young and the passing game more than those two (or three if Henry gets a look) running for solid yards.

And Diesel is a crap nickname.

2. I know it is but the more i hear it the more i like it,Kinda of fits him.Reminds me of tank for some reason,i think its better then "thunder"

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Calling it now. Ima make sure to bookmark this thread to see if im right.

White gets around 230 Carries this year and runs for 1330 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Cant wait to see him play again

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a 5.7 yard carry?

I keep thinking you are Bipolar with the video sig.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

5.7 it is.

Alright bump the carries up 50. That should put it at around 4.3

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No indication that white is a high average runner. Even as well as it seemed he was running yesterday his average was only 3.9. I'll predict 200 carries(14 a game for 14 games) for 800 yards.

Brown averaged 5.3 ypc this off season and wasn't hurt at all. He has to get some touches as well. I'll predict that brown gets 160 carries for 700 yards.

Chris henry looks like he couldn't get out of the way of one hornet's nest in a ten acre field and eddie's analysis of his running was stupid. Eddie was impressed that henry liked contact but henry showed no capacity to do anything else. Even power backs need some elusiveness. Henry just takes the ball and runs as fast as he can into people. A possible bust here..:(

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

LWs pre-season average was only 3.8. When Brown averaged that in 2005 people wanted the guy shipped out as left over crap. I have no problem giving White the start but I'm not sold on him being a real stud, more of a serviceable back with a decent amount of versatility in the passing game. Also, White gets stoned at the LOS as much as Brown. I do think he is a little better short yardage back than Brown but Brown will always have a better average because he is more explosive. Brown's 5.3 average also didn't include any real long runs to inflate the average. The guy has been solid the last two games. Brown's 5.3 in the pre-season was in line with his average in 2004 when he ran for almost 1100 yards. Brown may still be our best back.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Any USC back that has had success has got to be one of the best in the world, don't doubt him. Not only did he succeed at USC, he dominated, so I have no reason to doubt his dominance in the NFL. He did not make it to USC as bum, nor did he exit one, that bodes well. He entered a stud and left a stud with his stock rising, not falling. He's the real deal no matter what everyone seems to think. He's never failed. Why now. I think he's good for at least 1,100 yds and 16 td. And what is scary, is that I think Brown is the better back right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar