The Demise of Tackle Football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

True. Depends on how much it is enforced.

The Trent Richardson rule, to the best of my knowledge, has not been enforced once since it was put on the books.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

can't take violence out of a violent sport.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I agree but the problem is your going to run into inconsistency across the league amongst refs especially the new ones with this. I think this rule is going to be called just like roughing the passer which is so inconsistent depending on the qbs and the player delivering the hit. If nothing else it’s going to be their “ace up the sleeve” so to speak and the refs are gonna call it when they want which is gonna create a lot of problems IMO.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Sarcastiball

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yep

NFL has to make changes like this

They can always just change it again, but they have to look like they care about CTE and player safety

6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I heard they're going to add on to holding calls for 2019.

If you put your hand on defender at all, it's considered holding.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Dropkick. It's the only way to not get called for a penalty now since there is no way to tackle someone without the helmet touching them.

• LOL LOL x 4
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Y'all are blowing this way out of proportion they'll call it like crazy and tone it back once regular season starts. It will be like pass interference and roughing the qb though, where the refs use it to manipulate games at times. However that's how the nfl/sports are so no reason to ***** about it really .

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Tackling happens way more often than PI and roughing. And again, it's simply impossible to tackle someone without your helmet touching a part of their body.

I hope you're right...but adding another rule that may or may not be called, especially involving an action that occurs on every play, is a step in the wrong direction.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I remember a couple years ago me and some friends had a discussion about how we wouldn’t be surprised if sports like the NFL and NBA start adding on even more rules to help them dictate games without it seeming like a work.

That way they can “reward” big market teams and franchises helping bringing loads of cash into the league.

This seems like a big step in that direction.

#20 Roscoes Wetsuit, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar