The Death of Consoles..

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by avvie, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Onlive is a joke.

1) If your broadband supplier restricts download limits on you, you're ****.
    2) Lag. Any internet streaming service will have lag, and I'd rather not deal with that for single player games.
    3) Monthly Subscriptions drain money like no other.
    4) What if their servers get ****?

I'd rather have hard copies, so no thanks.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Sure if they could get every major game developer to stop designing games for consoles, including Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo themselves.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not a chance this will succeed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Say it ain't so.

6. Valdog

Valdog NY's Biggest Titan Fan

The only way OnLive will ever explode into the one-and-only source for all of gaming is ... well it'll never happen. Companies are still going to make games and sell the hard copies. Just because the alternative is out there to play a game on the PC doesn't mean people will. Some people (most, I'd even say) feel more comfortable using a controller to play games than using a keyboard and mouse, especially certain types of games.

Then there's all the fees that come with it. You've got to pay the $15 a month fee just to use the service, plus you've got to buy/rent the games you're going to play anyway. I don't see why anyone that already owns an Xbox/PS3 would stop using the expensive machine they've already poured money into and start paying for a new service to deliver the same product.

As Finnegan2Win pointed out, there is always the issue of lag. Online gaming only shines when there is little to no lag, and I can't imagine that trying to remotely play a game on a server miles and miles away, then streaming it to your TV is going to be instantly responsive. Hell, we've all seen what it's like trying to play online games when the game is hardwired to your TV set.

Good idea, won't be trying it (at least until they iron out all the kinks.)

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well considering Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo are unable to bring in the 'one console', OnLive will not make a dent in the market.

Asia/Europe is Sony town
    America is Microsoft town
    The World is Nintendo town

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Not to mention, would any of you feel safe knowing you have a virtual copy of a game instead of a hard copy?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think I've seen anyone actually like this idea.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This reminds me of Sega Channel.

Remember that?

No?

Exactly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar