The Coordinators

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by maximus, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Schwartz has to go. He is stacked with talent and once again THE DEFENSE PLAYS UNCOORDINATED!!!

Chow's system is not producing. He has a new excuse every week and blames it on execution. Ummm- isn't is part of an OC's job to devise an executable scheme. Points man- it's all about points!

I'm predicting Fisher is going to hear something like this from Bud "get a new offense and a new DC or all of you will go. It's your job or theirs."

We are the worst team in the NFL right now. We have gotten worse over the past 3 years. The locker room remains a mess despite "the big-time leadership vets" we brought in. I doubt Fisher has the capacity to gel these guys. I hope I'm wrong but the horse appears to be out of the barn.

I believe Floyd is done regardless of how many wins we get. His personnel management has led to the progresssive decline of this franchise.

2. Riverman

If we play the Texans next week, they kick our butts.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I dont see how you can blame Chow on Collins poor passing?

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Once again Gunny, you're right. :thumb:

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

LOL I hear u & for 5-10 mins we were great. Prior to that we were so bad my dog left the room in shame.
    :grrhee:

6. Riverman

By scheme, I mean personnel management- certain players for certain packages- not necessarily play-calling.

Bringing Collins in 2 weeks before the home-opener, now appears a bone-head move. Either Chow didn't dummy down the offense enough, or tone down the over the middle passes, or didn't prep collins enough or completely overestimated Collins ability to be more effective than Volek. Regardless, we have yet again another poor offensive performance. Our personnel should have enough talent to score relatively easily (or at least swap punches) with the JETS.

We've been hearing Chow ***** about not scoring ever since his first game 12 months ago. It doesn't appear much different now. And the "4th quarter rally" hype is a bunch of BS. We got a turnover on the 1 yard line. Not an impressive offensive drive.

Bottom line- chow should be, and is going to be, judged by how many points he can put up on the board. His first season pass from judgement has expired.

7. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Atleast we're not the Packers... But I know from watching the game at home all I heard we're comments on how well conditioned and coached the Jets were this offseason! Maybe we need to be like high school coaches on our players. Everytime a pass is dropped, run laps... Everytime a block is whimphed, run laps... Everytime PacMan blows a coverage, spank him like his mama did when we was little... then run laps!

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Don't judge Chow based on having a crappy QB who doesn't know the playbook and an offensive line, that at best is inconsistent; those faults fall at Fisher's feet.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

It's not Chow's fault that Drew Bennet couldn't catch a Cold either.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Drew may have had some drops, but he had some nice catches too, even though Collin's throws weren't exactly on target. The 4th down conversion and the fleaflicker comes to mind.

I don't get why Wade wasn't in there all the time, the man consistently got good YAC and seemed to catch well to boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar