The Cavs will regret taking Kyrie Irving over Derrick Williams

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Cleveland set their franchise even more, after The Decision, with this decision.

Irving will probably have a good rookie year, will be better than Williams this season, because Williams will have to fight for minutes behind Love and Beasley. But Williams has potential to be a future superstar, not top 5 superstar talent, but perennial all star for years to come, he's someone you rebuild your depleted franchise around. I understand in today's league, it's ideal to build your team around a PG, but Irving is Mike Conley Jr. Solid all around, a guy you can benefit from by adding on a contender team already, not someone you build around.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

We shall see.

Personally I think the exact opposite of you. I think Williams will be more likely to get ROTY, but in the long run Kyrie will prove to be much more valuable.

3. GeronimoJackson

With Beasley and Love, Williams won't get enough minutes this year to be ROTY.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Can we just make this the official NBA thread?

I can't believe my Wizards lost to the Nets. I mean I know it's only the first game, but the Nets suck. We've got a lot of growing up to do. I feel like the core is there but wow they're young and inexperienced.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

This is a football board, basketball sucks.:banned:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Kyrie is the man. He only played in what 8 games at Duke, and he had a 35point game, led them in scoring, assists, and still got 4 rebounds a game. Basically a consensus top 2 highschool player. Cleveland made the right choice here. His best asset is the pull up jumper. That will give him lots of points a-la Iverson. He's basically open on every play, every dribble, and so he'll get whatever he wants.

Williams is Danny Manning to me. He's a good overall player who will never carry a team past the first round. He's not going to dominate any game per say, but he'll be quite good at a lot of things. He can be guarded by a PF, but it's not easy.

Kyrie on the other hand has the chance to be both a great passer and scorer. And a top player. I see Williams as a top 25 player only.

ROY should go to Irving. He's already starting and the best rookie at 10 ppg and 6 asst. And he's only getting about 23 minutes due to Sessions having a good start too. He should get 10 more minutes by the mid-break and he'll explode to the finish line at about 18ppg and 8 asst. Williams is in a log jam and likely to stick at 10 ppg and 6 reb.

7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I felt bad for Irving tonight. The ball just never seemed to bounce his way. Had a killer game for a rookie (20 pts 5 rebounds 4 Assists (which would have been higher if the bone heads he was throwing it too could have made their shots)), but that layup that rolled out at the end was a heart breaker.

I think by mid-season he'll adjust. It's promising that he's only 19 and he plays so well.

8. munie

munie Starter

I agree they should've done but he'll be fine. Byron has done well with taking point guards to the next level but that is a gift and a curse. He could've got guy like kemba or B. Knight at 4 with taking DWill at 1. The dropoff between KI2 and those PGs is not close to as steep as DWill and Thompson.(eventhough Thompson has been very solid). For Kyrie to really succeed, the cavs will need another go to guy because IMO Thompson will be a solid role player who can do the dirty work but no a go to guy

9. GeronimoJackson

^ Thompson's off to a good start, but coming from someone that goes to UT, I can tell you, as much as I'm rooting for him, he's got a lot of work to do before I see him as even a reliable rotation player... he has long arms... and that's about it.

T-Wolves should trade Beasley for a true center and they could be dangerous.

Rubio (kid has some ridiculous court vision and bball IQ), D-Will, K-Love... very nice young core to build around.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Rubio looks awesome. Had all the hype, lost it all in euro world, and then comes out of the gates playing like Stockton with some flair. Fans chanting "Rubio". Crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar