The cardinal sin of the running QB..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Slamma, actually favre didn't change that much from when he was in his first 2 years as a starter and after that. He threw 26.8 passes per int his first 2 years in green bay but his career average is an int every 30 passes.

Once again i'm not predicting young's future. I'm not saying that his poor play this year automatically means something long term. What he is this year is what we have to work with and all these posters want us to throw more but if he is throwing a pick every 19 passes it is hard to do that..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Our Wrs..

I'm not sure our Wrs are collectively as bad as everyone says. Gage and williams are on course to have comparable seasons to what drew bennett gave us the last 2 years. Brandon jones when not hampered by injuries is a comparable player.

Did you know that 69.4% of all our passing yards has been to the WRs? The only year in the fisher era when that was higher was in 03 when mcnair won the MVP and we had mason-bennett-mccariens. Nobody would say they were not a good group of Wrs.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

can we get some mocking/bashing stats please? :)

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I think our WRs are collectively worse than everybody says. Gage has been the only bright spot. I can't see them starting for any other team in the league. If 69.4% of are passing yards were going to play making receivers maybe we would have something.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Or maybe if those passes were placed in better spots with better timing the yards would be much better because the WRs would have an opportunity to make plays.

Last game VY had two ints that had nothing to do with the WR running the pattern. They were poor decisions. We might not have Randy Moss or Owens on this team but I'm not sure the poor stats by the WRs are totally indicative of their ability and anyone who thinks so is in la la land.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I say screw the stats. Right now VY isn't winning.. period.

The Titans redzone offense is NON EXISTENT right now. You would think if it were 1st and goal from the 10 defenses would have a nightmare trying to stop the Titans with Young's ability to run like he did last year. It's not there this year. He get's sacked as easily as a 43 yr old Testaverde. :biglaugh:

He looks lost, confused, timid.. and he has lost his ability to scramble or find an open receiver without getting sacked. Yikes!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ktowntitan,

what do you mean by "bright spot"? you mean he is playing better than we thought? Who cares the bottom line is that he is playing well and so is roydell. Without the injuries i think brandon jones would be just as effective as them.

Our top 2 Wrs combined for 76 catches for 1198 yards last year. Gage and williams so far have combined for 83 catches over 1000 yards and our on pace to combine for over 1300 yards. At least 2 guys stepped up and played fairly well for us in the absence of bennett and wade.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another thing i'm tired of reading..

This crap about how none of or WR being good enough to start anywhere. Ever try checking out an nfl website and looking at some of the starting Wrs in this league?

Arnaz battle. Leads the 49ers in receiving. I'll take our 2 top guys over him.

Who is the #2 for carolina?

Who is the #2 for atlanta?

The colts would have loved to have a roydell williams this year and he would have put up big numbers there.

How about those viking Wrs real studs they are. :rolleyes:

Keep farting out the same old platitudes just because they sound good..

Rolltide CEO of mocking/bashing/stats inc.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yet VY has played his best games statistically in those the Titans have lost.

The lack of production on first down and VY turnovers is what is hurting this offense. Once Young throws a bad ball, there also appears to be a lack of trust to allow him to take anything more than the most basic risks unless the Titans are down by 14.

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

He's only been sacked 20 times, and a handful of those are ones he had to try to scramble and ended up only losing about a yard. And one of the reasons he is not being able to scramble as much in the red zone is he's going under center instead of in the shotgun. You do not see quarterbacks get rushing touchdowns that often from under center, they need to spread out the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar