The cardinal sin of the running QB..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I can't believe the stat being brought up is passes to interceptions. Since this is a vital stat I guess David Garrard is a better qb than tom brady since his pass to interception ratio is better. Have you ever thought some games it's just harder to get into a rhythm when you're not throwing the ball as much. No one here knows vy will be great but everyone should see potential. As far as him being consistent, name me on qb who has come out in the last 4 years or so that is playing at a high level on a consistent basis. It's hard to be a qb in this league and it takes time to adjust.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Slamma what kind of list is that? Comparing a modern QB to guys from 100 years ago? You can't make direct stat comparisons like that. The average QB will have a passing rating higher than the pro bowl qBs then because the rules are so different.

YA tittle? You are comparing a player in 2007 with YA tittle a guy from the 50s?

One could say that some HOF QBS from the past struggled early and then emerged as great players but i have not made any judgements on vince's future. Just how he is playing now.

You saw my post where i compared vince to his draft class?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ben roethlisberger..

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No you weren't. We've been over this.

Otherwise I don't disagree with your points.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wrong. Look at last year.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you talking to me? :grrr:

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ben roethlisberger sucks! 3 out of 4 seasons with a passing rating of 98 or higher. Super bowl ring. 3 great seasons out of 4. Yeah damned inconsistent!

And gunny show me the post prior to december 13th 2005 where any poster suggested that vince young might be a viable draft pick for the titans. The responses to my idea included one poster who thought he might be worth a late pick and another who thought he might make a fine WR.

I have never been a vince basher and a poster on this board accused me of "always" being a vince basher. Not true at all.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Watch SEC go De niro taxi driver on that guy. :ha: :ha:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tquSRFKuv4Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tquSRFKuv4Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

no the alabama fan. His fanhood has been questioned

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

don't bother questioning that.

however... Maximus was in fact the first to circulate the idea of Vince Young as our guy... WAY before the National Title game... and Gunny is right. We have been over this... That doesn't take anything away from RollTide being an early supporter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar