The cardinal sin of the running QB..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC, i didn't call you a moron and what i illustrated was not a correlation but simply a comparison. Vince young this year has already thrown more ints than mcnabb, vick or mcnair ever had thrown in one season.

Why throw out the names of 2 QBs who have nothing in common with vince except that they also are having bad years?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Wow, i wonder if titan jeff appreciates that attitude. :grrhee:

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Idea.

Let's trade our 1st and 2nd for McFadden and then adopt the wishbone with Young, McFadden, White, and either Hall or Brown.

4. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

I believe no matter what VY will never be a QB with true QB numbers. He will always have more Ints, but we just have to accept it. The thing is, if he were throwing these INTs but running with the ball alot more we would not care. I think he needs to run more, and then the passing stats wont matter..it took vick about 6 years till he threw for 20+ tds...and i believe falcons fans loved every moment of vick on the field...so give it time

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You wanted Slamma to give you data on every first round qb drafted in the last 20 years. I gave you current season data on two such guys that were both the first qb selected in their respective drafts. I think Young throws way too many interceptions. You and everyone on the board agrees with that. At least they should. You have two variables. You have pass attemps and interceptions and have applied them to a set. It looks an awful lot like a correlation to me. I would definitely call it a comparison though. Who cares what it's referred to as?

Your general tone is that of one who feels genuinely superior and obstinate when it comes to listening. You stopped just short of calling another poster ignorant in post #6 but have since edited it away. You frequently use the terms moron, moronic, idiotic, stupid, etc... Don't sit there and pretend you don't. I don't really have issue with it. I find it a bit amusing. Really though, I don't see the harm in pointing out Manning and Palmer. All I did was point out that Young is in good company. It doesn't make me any less disgusted with all the picks.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Here are all the Hall of Famers for some comparison (their first two seasons). You'll notice only 10 out of 24 seasons resulted in a ratio over 19.

int per att
    16.2 Aikman
    22.2 Aikman2
    18.5 Elway1
    25.3 Elway2
    49.3 Marino1
    34.9 Marino2
    30.3 Montana 1
    40.7 Montana 2
    9.1 Bradshaw
    9.2 Bradshaw2
    14.9 Fouts1
    18.2 Fouts2
    18.4 Griese1
    22.2 Griese2
    22.7 Namath1
    17.4 Namath2
    23.5 Staubach1
    10.3 Staubach2
    16.5 Tarkenton1
    13.2 Tarkenton2
    16.6 Tittle
    12.7 Tittle2
    17.3 SYoung
    27.9 SYoung2

Note: I have left off Moon and Kelly for obvious reasons.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

So basically, all you've really documented is that Vince has done better than the average Hall of Famer in this regard. And that the running qb is actually a lot better than most HOF qb's. Which I'm a strong advocate for anyway. I don't think the stat means that much this early in the career, but if it does, then he's looking really good in this category because he's an average Hall of Famer after 2 years. Let me stress that. He's not even at the bottom, but an average HOFamer when it comes to interceptions per attempt.

The hypothesis that he is hurting the team with his interceptions may very well be true, and can probably be documented, in fact, how could it not, as interceptions have no positive effect, but it does not mean that he is hurting the team any more than most Hall of Famers have done in the past and will do in the future. I think that is an important point of relativity here and gives people a foundation on which to place judgement.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

RollTide

See Denver Game........

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Wow this is so sad. I guess we all need something to talk about but must it always be this? Let it go. We all know VY has had trouble. If you are a big enough fan of this team to be a member and post on this site then you are most likely aware VY has had problems. The guy is an incredible player that is not yet an incredible QB. Why won't some of you sit back be patient and see what happens? WE ALL KNEW COMING IN THAT VY WOULD BE A 2-3 YEAR PROJECT!!! One year in why is that not ok with some of you? Pull out your stats yea they look pretty bad. Thanks for taking time to bum us out further with your senseless Googling. You know one thing stats are not gonna tell you? The future and like it or not thats what VY is. Now if you will kindly move to the back of our bandwagon. You are blocking the trues fans view of what is coming next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar