The beginning of the end of the NFL as we know it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I guess I can sue Delta if I lose my hearing.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The fact that the players b*tch about this makes me less sympathetic for them.

You chose a violent game for your career... don't want to play, then do well in college (academics wise). Deal with it.

Also, blaming the NFL for rushing you back from injuries is a total crock of sh*t. You are in control of your body. Feel like you're being rushed back? Don't play.

They're just all dumbasses who went broke from making poor decisions... looking for a pay day.

The NFL did so many great things for these guys, and they have to come back and sh*t all over the league that made them successful.

Am I being harsh? Not in my opinion. It's such a simple concept. If you don't like the long-term health impact from playing in the NFL, then don't ****ing play the damn game.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Wait, now people are mad at the players for this? I thought everyone hated Goodell. Is it possible to hate both sides here?

All the talk about Goodell changing the football and pussifying the game was 100% him trying to prepare to fight this battle and be able to say in court that he's doing everything he can to make the game safe.

If you're scared about football going away because of the gigantic potential of this lawsuit (and that's a very valid fear), then you can't also be mad at the NFL for trying to make the game safer and continue existing.

Of course, it's still fair game to hate the NFL for the ridiculously inconsistent way it enforces some of its rules.

5. RavensShallBurn

Yes, I hate both sides!!! lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I don't hate goodell, well at least in regards to dealing with the players strike...but turning the game into a pussified version (insert Michael Griffin joke here) will make me.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The players are why RG is doing this.

Blame the old heros, not RG

8. RavensShallBurn

Yea, I guess I wasn't really thinking about that until now.

But Goodell still sucks for making $30mil last year! I'm sure it's not as easy a job as you'd think, but c'mon... $30mil???

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Goodell made the owners hundreds and hundreds of millions (and he's just about to re-up the TV contracts and make billions). Football's popularity is at an all-time high. He avoided a work stoppage and got the owners a deal that is awesome for them.

He's worth every penny of his salary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No hes not lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar