The Bears bend over for Leinart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree that we will know more in three seasons but even if we assume, which is ridiculous and unfair, that Leinart never gets any better than he is right now he would still be a 85 rated QB with a two to one TD to int ratio.
    Leinart at his current pace would be putting up 3600 yard season in yardage.

If I was picking #3 in the draft and could get a guy who would do that right out of the gate and for his career I would be perfectly satisfied. The fact we have to wait and hope Young is going to be better than that is what I have a problem with. It gets even more disturbing now that we know the Titan's feelings about Volek taking the job even on a temporary basis and McNair being out of the picture. We better hope for the next couple of years our defense can keep playing at a high rate and our RBs can run for 150 yards per game. Oh, we better block alot of punts or get scores on STs as well.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I can speak for myself when I say that his running ability was not the reason I'm excited about Vince. I am excited about Vince b/c he is a winner. I am excited about Vince b/c he is a leader. I am excited about Vince b/c he is gifted athletically. I am excited about Vince b/c he is an exciting player to watch. I am excited about Vince b/c he is a great football player.

Leinart may be able to make the deep post or deep out pass more often than Vince. But with the game on the line and a 1st down or TD is needed, I'll trust Vince to find a way.

And one difference I sense between Leinart and Manning/Brady is that Leinart will be more concerned with his A-list parties in Hollywood in the offseason than becoming a better football player. Again, I think Leinart is good with good football instincts and has benefited from talented teams.

I predict that in 3 years people will say Vince is the better football player b/c he works harder to get better than Leinart does.

just my 2 cents, and i'm sure many people disagree....

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Cutler will be better than either of them :)

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Classic.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You can't judge either based on a handful of games. That is, unless you want to be "ridiculous and unfair".

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

That might be becaaaaaaaaaaaaause.... he is injured? His injury happened in the KC game, and it was also Leinart's first start... When he comes back, that's when teams won't be able to afford to put 8 men on the line...

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

teams don't need to put 8 in the box to stop the card running attack...

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

and yet they still do

9. The Cards and Titans O-Line are among the worst in the NFL, although both improved last week...

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that never happens on this forum, now does it? :suspect:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar