The Backup QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Jul 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That would be the take if Tanny was to tear his ACL, but that's not the take you want to make if we were 6-2, along with 3 other AFC teams and Tanny was out 2-4 weeks because of a muscle pull.

We need a serviceable backup that can come in and win a game or 2 if Tanny was to go down for a few games.

Woodside or Kizer just aren't the QB's that will win us those games, even with Henry, Brown and Jones.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Are you trying to tell me there's no backup QB's better than Kizer or Woodside?

Yes, Woodside has been around for a few years, but can you truly trust him as our backup QB if Tanny was to go down for a few weeks? I hope not, because you've never seen him play outside of scrimmages and preseason.

There's no argument to this. There's better QB's out there that we can bring in that will be more serviceable than Woodside and Kizer.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

But that’s not the take because it’s that savings from not spending on a backup QB that sets them up in that 6-2 position in the first place.

I feel confident Jones and brown with Henry will make a weak QB into a serviceable Tyrod Taylor type QB for a couple weeks. He won’t win the game, just need him not to lose it and hand the ball off.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's the thing, we shouldn't be screwed hardcore if Tanny was out for a few weeks since we have a good OL, great RB and 2 great WR's.

I'll reserve judgement until preseason, but I'm not feeling Woodside or Kizer as our backup QB.

Kizer had tools galore coming out of Notre Dame, but he was considered super raw. He's been a journeyman since landing in the NFL. Super raw and being a journeyman is not a good combination for success in the NFL.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

A Tyrod Taylor type could be serviceable for a couple of weeks, but Woodside and Kizer wouldn't. These guys are 3rd string QB's at best.

6. Tricky

Tricky Starter

BA2869CA-C623-4458-A174-3EC74561DE5B.jpeg
    I suppose RG3 might be interesting. But no one is clearly better than Kizer and Woodside.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

If we are talking backups, wake me up next year…. all of us know that!

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Tanny will be the Hill we live or die on! Funny how as I’ve aged in life, the less these games have on me. Be fun to watch this team, which, IMO at the moment, is the best in the NFL! We lost a SB to a team I think we beat 7/10. Good time to be a fan of this team.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Do I think there's anyone on that list better than what we have right now? Hell no. That list is absoultely awful.

Like I said earlier, I'll reserve full judgement until I see what they can do in preseason. However, I don't think they will prove to be a serviceable backup QB.

I think we have a really good roster that can win the AFC. I just don't want this team to completely fold if Tanny was to go down for some time. Regardless of what some on here think, I think it's vital we get a QB that can come in and help us win some games, whether it's from signing a surpise cut or trading for a backup, just like we traded for Tanny (even though it's a totally different circumstance as we have a legit QB, as opposed to Mariota).

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

That’s a sad list.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar