The Backup QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Jul 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

So Barkley had a strong arm and didnt have any fear of throwing it down the field. I think if he has to play any in the regular season, we will see a high percentage of ints.
    Woodside doesnt have the same arm, but he was somewhat consistent. At this point I would probably feel better with Woodside over Barkley. Hand it off to Henry, throw some short passes to keep the defense watching for it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Should have signed C.J. Bethard

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Why?

he seems no more capable of “quality backup” than any other current backup, which also speaks volumes regarding his availability.

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, Bethard has played actual NFL snaps and has decent stats.

5. HurrayTitans!

Does he?

I mean 59%, 18/13 TD/Int ratio, avg 241 YPG. (Starts only) and Some care about W/L, I don’t, but he’s 2-10.

Seems pretty avg to me.

If we’re just looking for an “upgrade” from Woodside, the options are out there. Pretty much any QB (outside Kizer) should be able to compete with him for our #2.
    I’ll agree beathard is better than that low bar, but hes avg among a full league of s**t backup QB.

#105 HurrayTitans!, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, decent is average. Great is better, but there is no one great out there. I would take a proven decent player over an average Joe with no experience. Unless you look at Woodside’s AAF stats which weren’t even decent. Don’t understand the Woodside love. Clearly an area we can improve.

7. HurrayTitans!

Truly I don’t get it either. I don’t think beathard is proven but I also don’t think about 25 of the current backups around the league.
    Woodside is really the bottom of the barrel, although cheap. Kizer must have been below the barrel.

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

No doubt.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The assumption is that Woodside is **** and it is ignorant. First of all the coaching staff has had him around and this is his 4th season. He knows the system and they like him. Secondly the kid had a stellar career at Toledo and threw for 45 TDs one season. Thirdly he has done nothing to warrant this hate as he has done well when given the chance.

We saw that Kizer was **** but the same geniuses thought Kizer would beat him out before Kizer didn't. After all someone watched ND highlights....

I'll trust the coaching staff on this one and assuming there are about 25 better backup QBs out there is basically calling Vrabel and JRob ignorant morons. Not sure that is the case.

10. HurrayTitans!

“Has done well when given the chance.”
    Woodside has 0 regular season throws and kneeled down on 6/7 runs.

Who is your last statement referring too?
    I stated 25 QBs, so I took that as a response to me, but that isnt remotely what I said.

Edit: my mistake he is 1/3 for 7 yards. Not sure I’m convinced that this changes how well he’s done in his opportunities.

#110 HurrayTitans!, Aug 17, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar