The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you've already taken away 7 points of ucla's because it was on a blocked punt, that's fine because it washes with tennessee's gift at the end of the half, but ucla didn't take any chances with that drive because they have a good kicker and didn't want another turnover.

the vols could have gotten another turn over or gotten a sack to take them out of field goal range and make the decision tougher for the coaching staff. whether you want to believe it or not, those points count.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's pretty simple, I don't blame the defense for special teams touchdowns. I don't blame the defense when the offense starts the ball in field goal range, the d gives up 2 yards on 3 plays, and the O kicks the field goal.

So, hypothetically then, you agree, if the Jags have 3 amazing returns putting them in field goal range, our Titans D stuffs them.. or allows 2-3 yards on 3 plays.. and the Jags kick 3 field goals... the Titans D is to blame for all 9 points?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yes, just like when eddie berlin fumbled twice on kick returns and the colts scored FGs and we lost by two. one turn over and the entire game has changed.

last time i checked, the defense's job is to stop the offense from scoring, regardless of the circumstances.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well you are entitled to your viewpoint. I disagree, and look at it differently.

If Vince fumbles, and the Jags take over at the Titans 7 yard line, and the D holds them, then I'm not going to blame the defense for giving up those 3 points.

Also, points don't tell the whole story in a football game, or in a defense's or offense's performance.

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Hey I say the entire team played like crap. Offense? Yep. Defense? Yep. Special teams? Absolutely.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

any Ohio State fans on here? because your team looks pathetic.

I <3 Boo Jackson :)

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea I'm a fan and how did that man crush work on Boo Jackson work out?

It was a bad game no question but I'd rather we have a tough game and get a little battle tested, put us back on Earth, and get hit some than just have a bye week.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

getting "battle tested" against Ohio is a good thing? Man I must have to catch up on my college football..

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Oh I'm sorry are we not allowed to have a bad game? But yes it is a good thing, Ohio did play pretty well and yes we overlooked them it will help us more than a bye week would. Besides, every week there's a near upset, it doesn't mean anything.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It happens. It's getting ugggly in Michigan though. I'd love to have a QB like Crompton at this point. That's how bad Threet and Sheridan are. How many wide open receivers can one guy miss? Streaking up the sidelines for an easy 6 only to watch the ball go out of bounds.

Please hurry 2009 and Tate Forcier/Shadrovick Beaver

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar