The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wow can you say cop out?

Doesn't hurt my feelings because they are overrated this year. But unlike you I can admit it. SEC fans would rather slit their wrists than talk ill of God's gift to college football, isn't that right?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No one mentioned it but how bout that Blue Raider finish Tuesday night?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I was asleep...

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Look, it's a fact that bowl games do not produce equal matchups. There are often mismatches based on conference standings, and even the big10 is on the short end sometimes.

Also, I hate measuring bowl games for success, because you are usually talking about 4 weeks after the season ended. And in some cases, its understandable that a team isn't "up" for a bowl game.

Dude, I already said the Big12 is probably the best conference in the NCAA this season.

Quit taking this so personal because your mighty Buckeyes have been absolutely embarrassed the last 3 seasons... 2 at the hands of the SEC. :grrhee:

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Making excuses huh?

I loved that last part. "2 at the hands of the SEC" as if that means anything. It doesn't. It doesn't mean anything to you and it doesn't mean anything to me. Was either team Tennessee? No. So why do you care? You weren't there so quit acting like it just because they play in the same conference as your team.

6. Alex1939

Living in denial of reality, huh?

Just supporting my powerhouse conference! :yes:

I also attended Auburn University for awhile. Although the Vols are first in my heart, I'll always pull for Auburn as well.

Distantly after that I support Virginia, Iowa, and MTSU thanks to family ties. But I have no real emotional ties when these teams lose.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No denial here your just making excuses. Throwing out numbers like #3 team vs. #5 team as if that means anything at all. Then saying "well some teams can't get up for big games." Sounds like an excuse to me.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

glad somebody's givin' em props

look out SEC here we come!

I wish they wouldn't play teams like FAU so close. They always raise their level of play vs. the BIG teams (Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland), but always tend to take it EZ against teams in their own conference.

9. Alex1939

yeah, I mean there is no difference when #3 team from one conference plays #5 team from another conference.

And I'm sure premiere programs always play just as hard in down years when they end up in a pre-new year's bowl as they do any other bowl. I'm sure the team is just as excited as it would be if it were the national championship.

:suspect:

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

[​IMG]

If you get beat by a better team man up and admit it. Big 10 has handled the SEC nicely since 2002, that's a fact. Now just admit it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar