The 2015-2016 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dee, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This year for the Vols really does remind me of 2011 for FSU. Two great recruiting classes. Everyone was picking them to win the division. It was supposed to be the year they got back. OU coming into their house. OU won by ten. FSU just wasn't ready for that stage yet.

My stepdad, a huge Vols fan, thinks this game makes or breaks their season. I really don't think so. They have a lot of stepping stone games before they get "back." They haven't beaten UF, UGA or Bama in how long? Beat one or two of those teams and your season is still a good season.

#501 Fry, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Vol fan here, present at the BG game.

The offense kept it almost vanilla since the running game was working so well for them. I think DeBord will throw some stuff at OU Saturday we haven't seen yet.

The defense really needs to step up. Not sure if it was because of the DB coach being suspended for that game for the bad secondary play, but whatever it was needs to be resolved against OU. The DL definitely needs to get better QB pressure. It was non-existent against BG.

I'll be honest though, you guys can bash me or whatever, but the QB for BG threw several passes right on the money. I don't care who was covering the WR, they wouldn't been able to defend some of those passes.

The game against OU will be close I believe. Whoever wins, it will not be by much. It's going to be a good game, looking forward to it. GBO!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Yea, losing to OU will not break our season. If we win it will definitely help in all areas including recruiting. I agree, give me a win against UF and UGA, I'll be a happy camper. UGA will be tough game.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We play Bama the week before UT, most teams lose after playing Bama the following week. So I am not looking forward to that game.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You mean you actually might play TWO difficult games out of 12 in the future??? Lawd all mighty!

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

And of course the playoff game and NC game, which are really the only 2 games that matter

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

All this talk about the B1G from UT fans is kinda ridiculous. If you go look at the divisions, top to bottom, the Big 10 East is better than the SEC East.

8. 8and8

8and8 Starter

OSU vs UGA
    MSU vs Mizzou
    Mich vs UF
    PSU vs UT
    Maryland vs So Car
    Rutgers vs UK
    Indiana vs Vandy

You think SEC wins 4+ of those? I see 4 for Big 10 East with 3 toss ups.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

those games being played? When and where?

SEC SEC SEC !!!

10. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar