The 20 Dumbest John Madden Quotes Of All Time

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JCBRAVE, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In the heat of Madden 11 coming out, what better time than now to remind everyone of how special John Madden as a commutator was. He should reclaim his job from the current yahoo's sitting there.

1. "There's a lot of letters in LaDanian Tomlinson"

2. “A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field's boundaries.”

3. "The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage."

4. "If you lose your best cornerback and punter, I'd say that's a double loss."

5. "It's 3rd & 20.. They need a good play here."

6. "See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands."

7. "When you have great players, playing great, well that's great football!"

8. "Ruben Brown made that play there.... Well I mean he missed the guy completely but he was able to create just enough room for Thomas Jones by whiffing. The air he created on the miss gave Jones enough space to score."

9. "If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the Wide Receiver catches it....... It's a touchdown."

10. "If this team doesn't put points on the board I don't see how they can win."

11. "Whenever you talk about a Mike Shanahan offense, you're always going to be talking about his offense."

12. "Some yards is better than none yards?"

13. "Here's a guy, here's a guy who when he puts his contacts in, he can see better"

14. "Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game."

15. "Mark Brunell usually likes to soak his balls before a rainy game."

16. “When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to.”

17. "They're either going to run the ball here or their going to pass it."

18. "The Dallas Cowboys have 2 types of plays in their playbook. Passing plays, and running plays."

19. "When its raining the field gets wet, then all of a sudden everyone's running slower"

20. "Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they're bigger than everybody else, and that's what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”

:grrhee: What a character Madden was.

http://www.strangebusiness.com/content/item/167371.html

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

:ha:
    Man I miss him.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The 2nd quote up there - "A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field's boundaries.” That may be the smartest thing he's ever said.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Maddens greatest quote ever:
    "Now I tell ya, that doesn't make a lick of sense!"

[​IMG]

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Off camera every game:"let me tell you.Put me in a room that kid Brett Favre and a jar of lube. I would wear him out."

:clown:

6. globelieves

globelieves Starter

When Madden opened his mouth, he reminded me of a Turducken.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Overlooked in all this: the most patient man in America, Al Michaels.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"You could take away Brett Favre's arms and legs and he'd still be the best torso in football!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar