The 0-6 Titans vs. The 3-0 Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I think VY has been the biggest difference - but not due to his play. With VY in, Dinger and Fisher have had to get back to the fundamentals. They finally committed to running the ball, which has led to fewer chances for INTs, better 3rd down situations, which led to sustained drives, which led to better 4th Q defense, etc, etc, etc...

0-6 Titans pass attempts:

Average of 37 passes per game in the 1st 5 games. This team is not built for that and it showed. So with KC "throwing downfield", he only averaged 5.4 YPA. VY "dumping the ball off" is averaging 7.5 YPA on about 22 passes per game.

We're throwing less, we're throwing safer. We're committed to the run game. Fisher and Dinger were the problem, and Vince forced them back to a solution that we should have seen week 2. Also, Cecil has adjusted nicely - it's not just that we got Fuller and Finny back, but that he's found a nice balance of a patient defense that knows when to press and when to just get to the next play. But I think without the commitment to the run has flipped the TOP to give the D a chance to play like they know how.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

strength of schedule, defensive improvement, more consistent OLine play, and QB play are all factors to why we have won three straight games. We are using the same philosophy that started us 10-0 last year. I will not say that the QB has everything to do with it, but does play a part.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar