The 0-6 Titans vs. The 3-0 Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Anyone with two eyes can see that the team that's shown up the past 3 weeks is much better than the 0-6 team. I just wanted to bring up some stats that no else has brought up.

------------------------------------
    The 0-6 Titans / 3rd Down Efficiency
    4-13
    5-11
    4-14
    8-16
    5-14
    2-10

Total
    ------
    28-78
    ------
    35% is Pretty Terrible. When you are sending your defense out on the field 65% of the time w/ no points to show for it, 0-6 happens. You just can't win like that. The more time your D is on the field, the more big plays they are going to give up. Boy did it show.

The 3-0 Titans / 3rd Down Efficiency
    8-15
    4-12
    11-17

Total
    ------
    23-44
    ------
    52% Conversion rate!? Quite impressive. Not only are you saving your defenses breath, you are putting points on the board and if you can atleast make it a two possession lead, you take the opponents running game out of the equation thus making your defenses job 50% easier. Haven't you noticed all of the late game picks here lately? Again, not rocket science.

I find it amazing that within the last 3 games, the Titans have nearly matched the number of 3rd down conversions that they had in the first 6 games of the season while attempting 3rd downs conversions nearly half as much! It's a stat that's rarely talked about and it needs to be recognized.

---------------------------------------
    Total Points Scored
    ---------------------------------------
    I know that we have gotten some garbage touchdowns at the end of games on defense, but I like touchdowns, whether they are garbage or meaningful.

Lets look at the point totals for the first 6 games of the season.

and that equals:

84 - Another non impressive number. On Average: 14 points a game.

Friends, you won't win alot in the NFL if you average 14 points a game.

So lets go to the past 3 weeks.

and that equals:

which on average is 35 points a game. Again, it doesn't take a genius to see that if you average 35 points a game, you will win alot more than you would if you only scored 14 points a game.

Final Note: There is ONE and ONLY ONE player in the league that is 9-0 and ISN'T a member of the Colts or the Saints. The one and only... Brett Kern! Let's make sure Brett STAYS undefeated this season. What an asset to this team!

Thanks for reading, please add to this list if you can find some other interesting facts or numbers about this season that need to be recognized.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Turnover ratio tells the tale.

3. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Turnover Ratio

First six games : -10
    Last three games : +7

Defensive Touchdowns

First six games : 0
    Last three games : 3

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

From owning the Titans defense in many fantasy leagues I can vouch that I have done very well the last 3 weeks vs the first 6.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

They put 19 pts up against me this week! Argh

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Since you left out the defensive numbers let me help ya.
    1st 6 Weeks pts against 198. 33 p/g
    After the Bye Week pts 57. 19 p/g

1st 6 weeks pts scored on Defense ZERO.
    After the Bye Week pts by Defense 21.

Before the Bye
    No Rod Hood Playing out of his mind
    No Fuller
    No Finnegan
    No Punter
    No Kick Returner
    No Punt Returner
    1st Time D Coordinator
    Steelers
    Pats
    Texans
    Colts

Also
    Only 2 of 6 games at home. (2 of 3 at home after the bye)
    Nate Washington, Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Ryan Mouton, etc getting used to new team/new league.

There, it's not complete but now we have a broader picture of the 0-6 Titans vs the 0-3 Titans.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Maybe forgetting someone? I think was was some sort of insignificant change at some trivial position behind the center....

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

theres really 1 difference.

Vince Young

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Reading is Fundamental. The offense was already covered, hence my review of the defense.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Ask him out already!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar